U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you confront this Dad?
Yes, big time, you did the right thing. I'd have done the same. 3 2.94%
You're a real piece of work, like your antlers, you interfered with a Dad big time. 99 97.06%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM

3,388 posts, read 1,722,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Wow, it's possible to shoot up heroine? Let's see, who would I choose? Rosa Parks comes to mind first. I've got to think about others.
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose brain went there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Moderation is key to most everything.
Yes, this exactly. Incidentally, most treatments for eating disorders (which one could argue are the ultimate unhealthy relationship with food/nutrition) emphasize healthy choices, portion size, responding to one's bodily cues, and MODERATION, not a 100% healthy diet 100% of the time.

Regardless on whether one thinks this kid's meal was terrible or not, it was none of the OPs business, not out of PC-ness but out of common courtesy. End of story.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,767,354 times
Wow, I got a vote

Good work, Stan

Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM

228 posts, read 168,010 times
Glad you are so tickled you received a vote. From my perspective, I'm not going to pretend the results here are in anyway scientific but it does give me a little hope that there are plenty of of people left in this crazy world that think your scenario real or just trolling was over the top. While I don't post much here I have enjoyed reading these forums for years and know there is a very diverse group of participants. I'm glad to see that most can come together and recognize your inappropriate intrusion on this father.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Glad you are so tickled you received a vote. From my perspective, I'm not going to pretend the results here are in anyway scientific but it does give me a little hope that there are plenty of of people left in this crazy world that think your scenario real or just trolling was over the top. While I don't post much here I have enjoyed reading these forums for years and know there is a very diverse group of participants. I'm glad to see that most can come together and recognize your inappropriate intrusion on this father.
I don't give a duck-billed platypus' ar$e of whether you think I'm trolling or not. If you really felt pinched to post in my thread, I'm happy I contributed to pumping your net self-worth that you personally took the contrarian view of not subscribing to the point of view that this may not have happened, as opposed to several others who didn't feel the need to think if it really happened and opined

Don't believe in something. Don't post. It's like Christianity. If you're atheist, stay bloody well out.

Jules, can you please lock this one up? This thread was created in a split second in the heat of the moment and I'm sure has run its course, like you all love to say. In another time, I would not have opened this one. I don't always feel the need to chronicle my offline exploits. Rarely, I am compelled to, when it's as exciting as sitting on the stuff of fellow commuters on the train, for example

Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM

Let's end this on a good note.

Sorry for offending your sensibilities, people.

However, based on popular opinion about my fatherhoodlessness, while I don't have kids today, I do believe I have immense fatherhood potential. Always dreamt of having twins, hope I get blessed with it some day.

But also, thanks to this thread, that potential will be increased by 1. Just kidding. You all have a wonderful Christmas season. 95-3, if I may, it feels like the occupy joke - we are the 95-ers.

I could have swung more votes, if I had made it a hidden poll. Some people may be worried about their image more than their honesty.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM

228 posts, read 168,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I don't give a duck-billed platypus' ar$e of whether you think I'm trolling or not. If you really felt pinched to post in my thread, I'm happy I contributed to pumping your net self-worth that you personally took the contrarian view of not subscribing to the point of view that this may not have happened, as opposed to several others who didn't feel the need to think if it really happened and opined

Don't believe in something. Don't post. It's like Christianity. If you're atheist, stay bloody well out.

Jules, can you please lock this one up? This thread was created in a split second in the heat of the moment and I'm sure has run its course, like you all love to say. In another time, I would not have opened this one. I don't always feel the need to chronicle my offline exploits. Rarely, I am compelled to, when it's as exciting as sitting on the stuff of fellow commuters on the train, for example
I didn't state you were trolling somebody else did early on. I stated regardless if you were or if it was a honest account of your activities. I already gave my opinion of your post early on. By the way, it's not your thread. You don't own it or command what stays open or not. If you think it is useless now, just don't open it again. However, I think it is still useful to see others opinions on your elitist disposition.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:59 PM

7,427 posts, read 7,750,416 times
Quote:
Let's end this on a good note.

Sorry for offending your sensibilities, people.

However, based on popular opinion about my fatherhoodlessness, while I don't have kids today, I do believe I have immense fatherhood potential. Always dreamt of having twins, hope I get blessed with it some day.

But also, thanks to this thread, that potential will be increased by 1. Just kidding. You all have a wonderful Christmas season. 95-3, if I may, it feels like the occupy joke - we are the 95-ers.
All I can say is when you do have kids and you're all hungry and they're whining and carrying on in the back seat and your wife is staring out the car window and your choice is to either swing by the local hamburger joint or go home, fix a nice salad, steam some brown rice and broil some fish (and then wash the dishes, put the kids to bed and do some laundry), I bet I know which one you'll choose....

Old 12-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
All I can say is when you do have kids and you're all hungry and they're whining and carrying on in the back seat and your wife is staring out the car window and your choice is to either swing by the local hamburger joint or go home, fix a nice salad, steam some brown rice and broil some fish (and then wash the dishes, put the kids to bed and do some laundry), I bet I know which one you'll choose....
A pretty nanny?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 PM

5,475 posts, read 3,123,325 times
Quote:
A pretty nanny?

I came up with a funny of my own just now...

GET READY FOR IT...

I'm suprised the man did antler your chamataka....

I don't know what a chamataka means but in this scenario it means butt.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:42 PM

25,290 posts, read 16,196,552 times
No, I would never "confront" anyone about something like that. I would enjoy the company and convo and not make an ass out of myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting