U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,481,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
No they haven't. You are blaming a whole generation for the mess we are in.

And as much as I may have beef with my parents I would never ever let them be subjected to the disrespect you have given your parents. I would never ever let my parents beg me to support them.
Look at all the people in Congress, they're baby-boomers. Look what they have done. They're selling our way of life to the highest bidder. Your generation needs to take responsibilty, you should be apoligizing to the younger folks. If you had any remorse at all for the horror you've caused the society you left in shambles for us to suffer for decades to come, you would appoligize.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,209,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I rented 5 places before by myself, 4 of them apartments so I know how to get a deal, but that's not the live I want to live. I paid from 400 to 1200 per month. But, I legit want to start a family by the time I'm 30, and not in an apartment like I grew up.
If you have five more years living with your parents, you should learn how to get over these issues and get along with your family. Otherwise, these will be the longest five years of your life.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,234,953 times
Quote:
I rented 5 places before by myself, 4 of them apartments so I know how to get a deal, but that's not the live I want to live. I paid from 400 to 1200 per month. But, I legit want to start a family by the time I'm 30, and not in an apartment like I grew up.
OP I bought a house while renting. It is not that hard. You are the one who is making it hard on yourself and you are subjecting your family to your disrespect and cruelty. And yes I said cruelty because putting your family business out there and talking about it like they are doing you harm is cruel.

You want to start a family at 30 when you do not even know how to be in one yourself? From your post you would not even know how to cope with inlaws because you cannot even accept your own family with all their flaws under their own roof in which they are paying for.

I feel sorry for your parents who took you in to help you reach your goals and you turn around to do something like this.

BTW I am not a Boomer and far from it.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 PM

3,930 posts, read 7,493,613 times
Quote:
Their food sucks, they actually ask me to eat with them but when they cook something, it's not food for a younger man. I mostly get my own food or make something.
Generational food?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,234,953 times
Quote:
Look at all the people in Congress, they're baby-boomers. Look what they have done. They're selling our way of life to the highest bidder. Your generation needs to take responsibilty, you should be apoligizing to the younger folks. If you had any remorse at all for the horror you've caused the society you left in shambles for us to suffer for decades to come, you would appoligize.
Let's keep this on topic, seriously. If you want to debate politics and the economic mess check out the POC forum.

BTW I would never apologize for something I did not do or cause, nor should a whole generation have to apologize.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:49 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,490,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Sometimes the mentaility here pisses me off. The parents are ALWAYS right no matter what and the kid is in the wrong and should just leave.
It's like advice to just run from your issues or people instead of creative ideas to work with people and come to common grounds.
Its like OBVIOUSLY if what the op is saying is true then these people sound lazy and loud and slobby.

I don't know why someone can't just say something like yes they sound like d-bags, you shouldn't tolerate it anymore and go on with your life.

It sounds like the OP is helping THEM out and they are taking advantage of it.
No, the parents are not always right but once someone is already an adult, there is no good reason to stay living with people you don't like.

When the subject of roommates got brought up, right away the idea of bad roommates was mentioned, but roommates are more on an even playing field, you get to pick your roommates but you don't get to pick your parents. With roommates, you sit down and all determine the rules of the household, with parents you really don't get to do that.

I really can't see complaining about living with parents or complaining about the parents you live with once you hit age 18 because that's when adulthood is reached, that's when you can get your own place, find some roommates to split the costs.

And it's also true that some people think their parents and siblings are really difficult to live with UNTIL they get some bad roommates. Or they get a place alone and find out they miss the noise and companionship of their family.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,481,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OP I bought a house while renting. It is not that hard. You are the one who is making it hard on yourself and you are subjecting your family to your disrespect and cruelty. And yes I said cruelty because putting your family business out there and talking about it like they are doing you harm is cruel.

You want to start a family at 30 when you do not even know how to be in one yourself? From your post you would not even know how to cope with inlaws because you cannot even accept your own family with all their flaws under their own roof in which they are paying for.

I feel sorry for your parents who took you in to help you reach your goals and you turn around to do something like this.

BTW I am not a Boomer and far from it.
I meant have a home married with children by 30, not start by 30. Well maybe I am ungrateful, but I know for a fact that if it was their choice, I would always live with them or near them. In Indian culture the son is suppose to take care of his parents, usually in his own house.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,990,170 times
Quote:
Their food sucks, they actually ask me to eat with them but when they cook something, it's not food for a younger man. I mostly get my own food or make something.
Then why did you complain that your step mom doesn't cook every night?

Quote:
Tax paying adults my ass. Most parents on here probably have issues with their young or teen children and it's not because u pay your taxes. lol
No, my kids are young. I come at this from a perspective of someone who was once in my mid-twenties. I got married at 25 and bought a house the same year. Home loans are not evil. We have well over $100K equity now, and neither of us had to move back in with our parents to save up.

Quote:
My parents and millions of others are baby boomers who lost their a$$es in this mess. It is very ignorant of you to blame everyone their age.

Either move out or quit complaining. I'm not sure what you want to hear from us. It's not like you don't have a choice.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,490,480 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right, in fact I didn't even enroll in some pricy university because I didn't want to waste thier money. I ended up not even going to college because I don't want the debt.

I'm actually mad at this baby-boomer generation for all the mess they've left us with the economy and their bad habits. They owe it to us to respect our freedom and support our ambitions. I can't even come home at midnight from work without having to disalarm the emergency system and having it nearly go and they go to bed like an hour before I come.
Bad habits?

That generation didn't grow up with $600 Playstations and $60 video games. They didn't have unlimited text messaging and cell phones by the time they were in 5th grade.

The baby-boomer generation more likely grew up in a one-car, one-telephone, one-television household than the generation today. They didn't generally eat out often, didn't have to buy new cars with all the options.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,990,170 times
And you put down "American values" and at the same time say you have no intention of taking care of your parents in the future. You don't even make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or