U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:43 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,245,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Excuse me OP while I interject a little reality into your whining:

My Boomer husband and two of my Boomer brothers were combat veterans (Vietnam) BEFORE they were 25. They were living in a hootch when they were younger than you are now, digging leeches out of their bodies, trying not to get shot, fighting jungle rot and hoping that they'd live to go back to the world where they EXPECTED to support themselves. . And each, I'm proud to say, were grown *** men BEFORE they were 25 who wouldn't THINK of whining and complaing the way you are.

Aren't you even a little bit embarassed? Cheese on a Ritz cracker I can't believe your juvenile attitude. Quit blaming everyone else and pull up your Jockey shorts and be a man.
Yea they were either drafted or enlisted as cannon fodder. Something I would refuse to do for a rich man's war. I had income to support myself by age 18 onward but it's not always the smartest thing when u can live with your parents (or my mom) we split rent, ate good food, worked.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,135,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
OK. I thought about going to school in NYC once and I was looking at the cost of living out there and the prices of apartments that I came across made me decide to stay in the wild west.
Going to school in NYC can be very expensive while maintaining your own place and maybe juggling a job. But if you look hard enough, have a guarantor or get to know local business owners who may know local landlords you can get something. You have to work hard at it and do not have unrealistic expectations.Craigslist can work to your advantage if you are diligent and able to weed out scams or phony adverts. I see people on the NYC forum looking for a studio for $700 Central Park West it is not going to happen. Living in NYC is all about building connections and making it happen.

Quote:
Excuse me OP while I interject a little reality into your whining:

My Boomer husband and two of my Boomer brothers were combat veterans (Vietnam) BEFORE they were 25. They were living in a hootch when they were younger than you are now, digging leeches out of their bodies, trying not to get shot, fighting jungle rot and hoping that they'd live to go back to the world where they EXPECTED to support themselves. . And each, I'm proud to say, were grown *** men BEFORE they were 25 who wouldn't THINK of whining and complaing the way you are.

Aren't you even a little bit embarassed? Cheese on a Ritz cracker I can't believe your juvenile attitude. Quit blaming everyone else and pull up your Jockey shorts and be a man.
And so it begins...

Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Her cooking or lack of is just an example of what kind of household she runs. 100 equity is good, but try getting that same loan now and hopefully u never want to sell that home without losing money.
But if you're 25, you should be able to do the cooking yourself. Maybe alternate cooking days with her.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
Yea they were either drafted or enlisted as cannon fodder. Something I would refuse to do for a rich man's war.
Sorry, I don't debate with anyone who is obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Besides, as a Boomer I'm way too busy trying to personally destroy your future. It takes up ALL my time.

But go ahead and complain. It's weirdly interesting.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM

12,913 posts, read 19,787,452 times
Quote:
Tax paying adults my ass. Most parents on here probably have issues with their young or teen children and it's not because u pay your taxes. lol
You are not a child. You are obviously not an adult either, despite your age.

Quote:
Look at all the people in Congress, they're baby-boomers. Look what they have done. They're selling our way of life to the highest bidder. Your generation needs to take responsibilty, you should be apoligizing to the younger folks. If you had any remorse at all for the horror you've caused the society you left in shambles for us to suffer for decades to come, you would appoligize.
Nobody owes you anything. If you aren't happy with what's happening in Washington, what are you doing to change it? Do you even vote? My generation did take responsibility. We married, bought homes, raised families and educated our children in order that they can find their own way in life. NONE of which you have accomplished.

Quote:
I don't understand people who share an apartment with 3 other adults just to afford that life. I will never have a roommate and never had. I wouldn't even dorm because the thought of smelling my roommates dirty socks. It's just not something u do unless you live in manhattan or europe where they work their butt off and live in boxes. A real man has his own. I want to be that real man.
Wait until the first dirty diaper appears.

A real man has accomplishments that he can call his own. He is self-supporting and does his part to benefit mankind. It has nothing to do with how big his living quarters are.

Quote:
My parenting will be different. Whatever they want to do with their life no matter how funny it sounds I will help them pull it off and help them again until they find what they like. They'll learn valuable skills at an early age so they can manage money, I will have money to loan them so they don't have to go to a bank or use credit and if they want they will move out at age 15 and they will always be welcomed home and the family will stay intact and if they left, I will support that to. They will have this without being spoiled because they will inherit my qualities.
You are the epitome of spoiled my boy.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,135,776 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't debate with anyone who is obviously just trying to get a rise out of people. Besides, as a Boomer I'm way too busy trying to personally destroy your future. It takes up ALL my time.

But go ahead and complain. It's weirdly interesting.
Ahh Dew. You Boomers are all Dr. Evils and currently holding the world for ransom at the tune of one trillion dollars or more. Are you going to kill us all with your laser beam?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Ahh Dew. You Boomers are all Dr. Evils and currently holding the world for ransom at the tune of one trillion dollars or more. Are you going to kill us all with your laser beam?
Goodness no. Laser beams are soooo slow and they chew up D batteries like you wouldn't believe.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,245,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
You are not a child. You are obviously not an adult either, despite your age.

Nobody owes you anything. If you aren't happy with what's happening in Washington, what are you doing to change it? Do you even vote? My generation did take responsibility. We married, bought homes, raised families and educated our children in order that they can find their own way in life. NONE of which you have accomplished.

Wait until the first dirty diaper appears.

A real man has accomplishments that he can call his own. He is self-supporting and does his part to benefit mankind. It has nothing to do with how big his living quarters are.

You are the epitome of spoiled my boy.
Yea I vote and educate my cousins and send money to my mom. I want to do the same things u have, but living with my parents makes it more possible. The difference is I've always had a plan to leave asap despite my parents expecting me to stay, I've failed to leave the nest for good a couple times but I know my future because I have vision. I actually think its horrible how parents want thier son or daughter to leave so early. I'll never do that. My family will be intact. I have nothing left to prove to myself but marraige. And also I've changed diapers and adult diapers I don't see the big deal.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:47 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,973,454 times
The OP is simply getting flamed at this point. Posts that do little except call names and attack the OP will be deleted.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The OP is simply getting flamed at this point. Posts that do little except call names and attack the OP will be deleted.
'kay Julia....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or