U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2011, 02:02 AM
 
33,150 posts, read 39,115,002 times
Reputation: 28517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I live with my father, stepmother, their 4 year old daughter (my sister). We live in a big house but they're so loud and obnoxous and I live here to spend time with them before I move far away and save enough to outright buy a house. I'm sure its normal because of my age and I'm male and my interests are very different than theirs. But I guess I'm making this topic because I overwhelmly just don't feel good around them. I feel a negative energy which is uncomfortable.

Maybe I want to hear that it's normal and the reason why it's ok to feel this way. I should mention that I sometimes hate my stepmother with a passion, though I don't show it. I think she influences my father to much and because of her they're both lazy chai drinking gassers who try to get on my good side with offering to buy me nice electronics, which I have no desire for. We lived together for years since I was a boy and I've came and gone a few times and lived by myself working etc.

But boy now I just want to get far away from them and have some peace to focus on things that I want to do without them sucking my energy. They're also at the age now when they need me more than I need them but they push their lifestyle on me and try to bribe me with material things but I still want to get away from them. Is that bad? Anyone experience this themself?
Its Mother Natures way of telling you its time to leave the nest..
Time to get out there and make a life of your own.
Waiting until you have enough money to buy your own house is just an excuse/cop out to rationalize staying where you are.nothing wrong with renting or rooming with others.
Sounds to me like these supposed bad parents have offered you everything they thought you needed or wanted and have taken care of you for a long time, your gratitude is abysmal, why not just do every one a favor and leave.. Oh yeah you cant leave because you need these so called bad parents to foot the bill for your current life style

 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Murphy, NC
3,223 posts, read 8,249,811 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
As for your dreams and vision of owning a mortgage free house that costs about $30k, I understand that your mother lives in the Carolinas and that is most likely where you would be looking to buy. Keep dreaming because houses that cost about $30K are in the worst neighborhoods possible and foreclosures as well. You claim that you work full time but it is also to my understanding by previous posts that you were working under the table. Even if you bought a house in cash you have to file with the IRS and they would love to have a field day with you. Do your research.

BTW Julia what does this even have to do with parenting? Another thread moaning about how terrible parents are and when advice is given the parents and non parents are made out to be the bad guys when they do not agree with the OP? Not angry about it but just sayin cause when a particular poster does this we always recommend for them to use a blog feature.
There are all brick 3 bedroom with basement less than 40 year old houses in the 20-40 range. You put words in my mouth and assume everything. I didn't start this topic with intention of arguing. I know about houses I don't need someone who overpaid and continues to pay and discourage me. I file and pay taxes and I'm not concerned with IRS. There isn't a family forum but this has everything to do with parenting.
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,995,988 times
Reputation: 42372
I'm curious, how much do you pay in rent?
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Murphy, NC
3,223 posts, read 8,249,811 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelita189 View Post
I just packed everything I owned into the car which I paid for and drove away.

It's not moving out. Just go for a drive. Drive until you feel comfortable, talk to yourself in the car, find out what it feels like to be alone. Really alone. If you like yourself enough, you will be happy no matter where you are. Then you can find a place to stay, find a job and start your life on your terms. If you don't like to be alone with your thoughts, you can always turn the car around and go back.
I did that right after I graduated h.s. and found a job but came back home 3 months later for more work. It's nice if you have family where you go, otherwise I'm not sure I would have went far.
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Murphy, NC
3,223 posts, read 8,249,811 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its Mother Natures way of telling you its time to leave the nest..
Time to get out there and make a life of your own.
Waiting until you have enough money to buy your own house is just an excuse/cop out to rationalize staying where you are.nothing wrong with renting or rooming with others.
Sounds to me like these supposed bad parents have offered you everything they thought you needed or wanted and have taken care of you for a long time, your gratitude is abysmal, why not just do every one a favor and leave.. Oh yeah you cant leave because you need these so called bad parents to foot the bill for your current life style
lol @ my current lifestyle. Oh yea I party and splurge and sleep late and hate my parents. The point though I made before is I'm not doing a favor to leave. They love having me around and I feel bad leaving. Noone reads anything.
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Murphy, NC
3,223 posts, read 8,249,811 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm curious, how much do you pay in rent?
House is paid off. I pay electric which runs about 500.
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
3,388 posts, read 3,227,656 times
Reputation: 2387
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
lol @ my current lifestyle. Oh yea I party and splurge and sleep late and hate my parents. The point though I made before is I'm not doing a favor to leave. They love having me around and I feel bad leaving. Noone reads anything.
So what problem are we trying to solve here? Do you need help in coping with living there, feeling unappreciated, wanting to leave but feeling guilty...?
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,158,474 times
Reputation: 8204
Join the military, dodge some bullets in Afghanistan a while. That will help you get what is important into perspective
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Here and There
2,539 posts, read 3,274,215 times
Reputation: 3766
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm curious, how much do you pay in rent?
Well said!
 
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM
 
1,933 posts, read 3,137,547 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
There are all brick 3 bedroom with basement less than 40 year old houses in the 20-40 range. You put words in my mouth and assume everything. I didn't start this topic with intention of arguing. I know about houses I don't need someone who overpaid and continues to pay and discourage me. I file and pay taxes and I'm not concerned with IRS. There isn't a family forum but this has everything to do with parenting.

I am not discouraging you to buy a house far from it. I am encouraging you to move out of your parents house and pay rent for awhile and by a house because it is obvious you can't stand where you live by your posts. I am also encouraging you to be realistic about paying $30K on an all brick 3 bedroom with a basement less than 40 year old house because those houses most likely come with tons of work and problems.Generally houses like these are not in the best of areas and you will be shelling out more money than what you purchased it for. I worked in Real Estate, I have a license. This is not a parenting issue, that is a Real Estate issue.

Second, the problems you have with your parents is a relationship issue. Not a parenting issue. All you have done is moan about how your parents have done you wrong by allowing you to live under their roof and not cooking you the Michelin star meal you think you deserve. You are 25 years old, again take responsibility and if you do not like what your parents are 'subjecting' you to then move out or pour yourself a bowl of cereal with some cold milk and suck it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top