U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 AM

3,223 posts, read 8,249,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I am not discouraging you to buy a house far from it. I am encouraging you to move out of your parents house and pay rent for awhile and by a house because it is obvious you can't stand where you live by your posts. I am also encouraging you to be realistic about paying $30K on an all brick 3 bedroom with a basement less than 40 year old house because those houses most likely come with tons of work and problems.Generally houses like these are not in the best of areas and you will be shelling out more money than what you purchased it for. I worked in Real Estate, I have a license. This is not a parenting issue, that is a Real Estate issue.

Second, the problems you have with your parents is a relationship issue. Not a parenting issue. All you have done is moan about how your parents have done you wrong by allowing you to live under their roof and not cooking you the Michelin star meal you think you deserve. You are 25 years old, again take responsibility and if you do not like what your parents are 'subjecting' you to then move out or pour yourself a bowl of cereal with some cold milk and suck it up.
As a real estate agent you probably pushed the expensive homes. If I get a home now, I can have it nice in a year, unlike waiting another year to save more and buy a "problem free" house. I paid enough rent in my life.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I did that right after I graduated h.s. and found a job but came back home 3 months later for more work. It's nice if you have family where you go, otherwise I'm not sure I would have went far.
Ahhhh so that's basically it, then....the real truth of it all. You're afraid. For all of your talk of how "in your culture, a man of your age should be calling the shots", you are afraid of going out on your own without family nearby to catch you if you fall. At least that I can respect, because it's the truth.

Like I said before though, that's one of your biggest problems with your father and step-mother. You resent them because you need them. You are afraid of borrowing money for fear of losing your home to foreclosure, because you don't want to be a "failure". Again, at least that, I can respect and understand. What I don't respect, is that you are so angry with the people who are providing you with that security blanket. Stop resenting and hating OP. It's a complete waste of time and energy and is hurting the very people who are saving you.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:04 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,995,988 times
Quote:
House is paid off. I pay electric which runs about 500.
So, no rent? You live there for free. As I said before, learn to live with them (unless they kick you out, which they probably should for your own good) or the next several years are going to be miserable for you.

3,388 posts, read 3,227,656 times
Quote:
As a real estate agent you probably pushed the expensive homes. If I get a home now, I can have it nice in a year, unlike waiting another year to save more and buy a "problem free" house. I paid enough rent in my life.
Just so you know, the bolded is an oxymoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Join the military, dodge some bullets in Afghanistan a while. That will help you get what is important into perspective
I ruled out military long ago. I'm a leader not a follower.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm not even this bad.....
The only reason im not out is because I can't save up enough money to do so or else I would be.
True, you aren't.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,346,221 times
Quote:
I ruled out military long ago. I'm a leader not a follower.
It's called Officer Candidate School.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
lol @ my current lifestyle. Oh yea I party and splurge and sleep late and hate my parents. The point though I made before is I'm not doing a favor to leave. They love having me around and I feel bad leaving. Noone reads anything.
I wouldn't be so sure. I can't think of many step-parents who really enjoy the thought of having the kids still living with them at age 25.

I think you should thank your step-mother every day for cooking for you, a whole lot of women would not be doing that for 25 year adult step children living in their home. And you should thank both of them for providing a roof over your head and a nice home.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:13 AM

24,472 posts, read 28,750,429 times
Quote:
Its obvious u probably move because your job and think equity makes u responsible. I have excellent credit, actually 10 or so points from the highest because all the leases and bills I paid in my name and I have no debt or student loans, which u have with your mortgage.
You don't know anything about me, my debt, or why I've moved My only debt is my mortgage, and I'd way rather have that than be living with my parents whom I can't stand It is obvious you have a lot to learn about many aspects of being a responsible adult. You would get a much more positive response if you came here with a little humility asking for real advice. Instead you come making assumptions, making sweeping generalizations, and acting like a know-it-all teenager. My biggest hope for you is that your GF figures you out before marrying you.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Ahhhh so that's basically it, then....the real truth of it all. You're afraid. For all of your talk of how "in your culture, a man of your age should be calling the shots", you are afraid of going out on your own without family nearby to catch you if you fall. At least that I can respect, because it's the truth.

Like I said before though, that's one of your biggest problems with your father and step-mother. You resent them because you need them. You are afraid of borrowing money for fear of losing your home to foreclosure, because you don't want to be a "failure". Again, at least that, I can respect and understand. What I don't respect, is that you are so angry with the people who are providing you with that security blanket. Stop resenting and hating OP. It's a complete waste of time and energy and is hurting the very people who are saving you.
Thanks for your thoughtful words but the first part is completely false. I don't need them at all except to save 400 extra a month, lol. They're not saving anyone but themself, they're getting old and out of shape and they have a hell raising 4 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or