Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:57 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,949,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
OP meet txtqueen---you are a match made in heaven. You would be the perfect roommates, you have so much in common.

I have a little tear in my eye--so proud to play the matchmaker.

No thanks, he says he doesn't like electronics so we definately wouldn't get along.
The apt would be filled with TV's and electronics galore it would drive him crazy.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,691,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
OP meet txtqueen---you are a match made in heaven. You would be the perfect roommates, you have so much in common.

I have a little tear in my eye--so proud to play the matchmaker.
You should be proud NK ***here's a kleenex for that tear!*** They can then sit blissfully in their home and bash their parents, raise children who think their parents are horrible....but then, what can they expect, according to their parents, their grandparents were horrible, horrible, worthless, lazy people and lousy parents.

Back on the "room mate" scenario....If you were to find a room mate who only expects you to do the cleaning, hang up/take down X-mas decorations, maybe do the laundry, run some errands, in exchange for paying for your share of the food, rent/mortgage, utilites, cable, Internet, phone, etc., should it matter what they do all day? NO! If your room mate received a trust fund or inherited a large amount of money, and was paying all of the living expenses, as their room mate, you would STILL be obligated to "pay your fair share in labor" for your rent. It doesn't MATTER what they do all day (sit around watching tv & drinking tea?). They are doing exactly what they said they'd do....nothing more, nothing less. They are paying ALL of the household living expenses, including the "luxuries" like cable, phone, internet.

Last edited by beachmel; 12-18-2011 at 10:19 AM..

Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
You should be proud NK ***here's a kleenex for that tear!*** They can then sit blissfully in their home and bash their parents, raise children who think their parents are horrible....but then, what can they expect, according to their parents, their grandparents were horrible, horrible, worthless, lazy people and lousy parents.

Wow you don't know when to bite your tongue do you?
FTR, I don't hate my mom, I hate how she treats me, I hate how vile and nasty she can get towards people. I just wish she was nicer and second of all I'm not going to raise kids who hate me, my kids are going to like me.
And another FTR, my grandmother is one of the best people I know, she's worked her whole life, she still does side work now and she is the coolest person I know.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,950,129 times
Default Dear Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
She's in a similar situation as me haha. I can't live there. I guess this topic is more about how cold I feel toward my father and step mom. I do have a plan to move soon and I'm meeting my financial requirement dates.

As the saying goes "Life is hard and then you Die."

It is what you do before that that makes it worth living.

Your step-mother is not your mother--that is not her fault. Your father is your father, your sister is your sister. Your father probably loves you more than anyone else in the world does, except maybe your mom. Remember that.

You sound like an ambitious young man, who may be a little angry at himself for not living on his own as yet.

Someone earlier, suggested that you get another part time job to fill up time and make more money. That way you could just go to your father's house to sleep. You could pay for a lawn service, and an occasional handy man, in lieu of rent.

You need to get rid of your anger over your parent's divorce and your step mom's lifestyle influence. It is not hurting anyone but you.

As everyone is saying, they are doing you a huge favor for letting you live in their home, please use their gift wisely, don't blow it.

Go volunteer in a homeless shelter, see some throw away kids, or some working poor--they were not given this gift.

Hard work and good luck to you.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,778,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
*cough*andyouthoughtIwasbad*cough*

*whistles nonchalantly*

LOL! Good one!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,691,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
As the saying goes "Life is hard and then you Die."

It is what you do before that that makes it worth living.

Your step-mother is not your mother--that is not her fault. Your father is your father, your sister is your sister. Your father probably loves you more than anyone else in the world does, except maybe your mom. Remember that.

You sound like an ambitious young man, who may be a little angry at himself for not living on his own as yet.

Someone earlier, suggested that you get another part time job to fill up time and make more money. That way you could just go to your father's house to sleep. You could pay for a lawn service, and an occasional handy man, in lieu of rent.

You need to get rid of your anger over your parent's divorce and your step mom's lifestyle influence. It is not hurting anyone but you.

As everyone is saying, they are doing you a huge favor for letting you live in their home, please use their gift wisely, don't blow it.

Go volunteer in a homeless shelter, see some throw away kids, or some working poor--they were not given this gift.

Hard work and good luck to you.
That is such a great point! Yes, hating someone because they are your step parent, not your real parent.....that's really sad, isn't it? Also, such bitter anger between step parents and children is such a terrible waste of time. It's too bad that some people are not willing to work toward being "like-able", but rather, expect the other person to do all of the work. It's a sad world we live in, where some people refuse to take responsibility for failed "relationships".

Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
That is such a great point! Yes, hating someone because they are your step parent, not your real parent.....that's really sad, isn't it? Also, such bitter anger between step parents and children is such a terrible waste of time. It's too bad that some people are not willing to work toward being "like-able", but rather, expect the other person to do all of the work. It's a sad world we live in, where some people refuse to take responsibility for failed "relationships".

Step-parents have their reputation for a reason.
My mom's ex was a total tyrant and my early teen years were miserable due to this man.
I tried but he just was not a kid person, he was more focused on trying to impress my mom by being this hardass killjoy than he was trying to get to know my brother and I for who we were as people.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 AM

1,707 posts, read 6,195,566 times
Sounds like Mr I'm 25 needs to get a job and a real life...

Old 12-18-2011, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
Move out. Get a roommate or two if you need to. Solved!

Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,603,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Sounds like Mr I'm 25 needs to get a job and a real life...
I have a full time job and I work it 7 days a week and pay my share. I'll just list some things I have to live with:
1. leave the freezer wide open on occasions so everything goes bad
2. spit snot in the sink and leave it
3. throw potato peels on the floor when cooking and then hire cleaning ladies to clean the house
4. buy a apple laptop forget the name, then buy a tablet, then some other latest thing but guess who needs to learn it to teach them..
5. wake up at 7am today to my stepmom's loud mouth, she literally yells when she talks and uses a cordless phone on speaker
6. made my little sister sick with keeping the heat low so their fat butts don't get hot, now I have to watch her even more
7. my stepmom boils whenever my real mom's name comes up and she's not allowed to visit me at that house.
8. they don't cook everyday, she's a housewife and can't even cook

You damn right they let me come back a couple times after I had my own places. I'm just saying I put alot of work towards them to pick up the slack of their own lazyness and stupidity, but I feel I need to start thinking about my own family and putting work towards something that belongs to me and have loving people around like my mother who don't look at me as a workhorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting