Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:54 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I have a full time job and I work it 7 days a week and pay my share. I'll just list some things I have to live with:
1. leave the freezer wide open on occasions so everything goes bad
2. spit snot in the sink and leave it
3. throw potato peels on the floor when cooking and then hire cleaning ladies to clean the house
4. buy a apple laptop forget the name, then buy a tablet, then some other latest thing but guess who needs to learn it to teach them..
5. wake up at 7am today to my stepmom's loud mouth, she literally yells when she talks and uses a cordless phone on speaker
6. made my little sister sick with keeping the heat low so their fat butts don't get hot, now I have to watch her even more
7. my stepmom boils whenever my real mom's name comes up and she's not allowed to visit me at that house.
8. they don't cook everyday, she's a housewife and can't even cook

You damn right they let me come back a couple times after I had my own places. I'm just saying I put alot of work towards them to pick up the slack of their own lazyness and stupidity, but I feel I need to start thinking about my own family and putting work towards something that belongs to me and have loving people around like my mother who don't look at me as a workhorse.
If you care that much about your real mother and she's the saint you proclaim her to be, move in with her and help her with her expenses. You say that your mother is having a hard time.... then why aren't you helping her out!?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:07 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
You should move out and start working on yourself and forget them.
They sound like obnoxious people who just use you because they know you'll do the work and help them out when they need it.
Go start living your life for yourself and be happy and forget them, if they go out and buy an iPad and have no idea how to use it then they can learn like everyone else has to do it. If they are physically incapable of doing things like yardwork and hanging lights then they can hire a service.

Move out, go live your life and forget them, they are adults they can do things for themselves.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I have a full time job and I work it 7 days a week and pay my share. I'll just list some things I have to live with:
1. leave the freezer wide open on occasions so everything goes bad
2. spit snot in the sink and leave it
3. throw potato peels on the floor when cooking and then hire cleaning ladies to clean the house
4. buy a apple laptop forget the name, then buy a tablet, then some other latest thing but guess who needs to learn it to teach them..
5. wake up at 7am today to my stepmom's loud mouth, she literally yells when she talks and uses a cordless phone on speaker
6. made my little sister sick with keeping the heat low so their fat butts don't get hot, now I have to watch her even more
7. my stepmom boils whenever my real mom's name comes up and she's not allowed to visit me at that house.
8. they don't cook everyday, she's a housewife and can't even cook

You damn right they let me come back a couple times after I had my own places. I'm just saying I put alot of work towards them to pick up the slack of their own lazyness and stupidity, but I feel I need to start thinking about my own family and putting work towards something that belongs to me and have loving people around like my mother who don't look at me as a workhorse.
Are these people holding you against your will? If so call the police. If not, move out.

Very simple.

(Actually, I think it was quite nice of them to "LET you come back a couple of times".)

Old 12-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Sometimes the mentaility here pisses me off. The parents are ALWAYS right no matter what and the kid is in the wrong and should just leave.
It's like advice to just run from your issues or people instead of creative ideas to work with people and come to common grounds.
Its like OBVIOUSLY if what the op is saying is true then these people sound lazy and loud and slobby.

I don't know why someone can't just say something like yes they sound like d-bags, you shouldn't tolerate it anymore and go on with your life.

It sounds like the OP is helping THEM out and they are taking advantage of it.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
If the house and mortgage are in my name and I am paying the bills, then I can spit in the sink, fart on the sofa and drop peelings as much as I want to.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
If the house and mortgage are in my name and I am paying the bills, then I can spit in the sink, fart on the sofa and drop peelings as much as I want to.
OMFG THAT'S JUST IT....No one should do that.

It DOES NOT matter if your name is emboridered on the house.

When you live in a household full of people, especially people who clean as a way to contribute towards living at home after 18 then you shouldn't do that.

Just because you're a parent or just because your name is on a lease DOES NOT MAKE WHAT YOU DO RIGHT.

Be courteous to other people, no one wants to find nasty stuff caked on places in the bathroom.
If you live with other people no matter who you are be courteous and don't make disgusting messes for others to clean up after.

GEEEZUUUSSSSSS

Old 12-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Everyone pulls their own weight in a household, just because you pay for it and its in your name doesn't mean you're entitled to be a disgusting, inconsiderate slob.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Bingo! Amen to that! If you don't like it....m-o-v-e! Also, I'm not even going to waste time going back to look...doesn't it say that they actually hire a cleaning lady to come in and clean up those peelings? So it's not even as if the OP is cleaning up their messes?

Once again there's a thread about how awful it is to live at home with these detestable people....AGAIN....and yet they went BACK...knowing how their parents lived! LOL Okay, if you'll let me come back and live rent free, I'll do it....buuuuut YOU have to change the way you're living, in order for things to work out!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Quote:
Roflmao Kudzu. It seems I've repped you too much, but I owe ya one.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I never said I do those things, just that if I wanted to it certainly is my house to do as I please. Definition of Entitlement Princess---txtqueen.

Please excuse me now. I've wasted enough time on you as it is. I have a house to clean, a family to nurture and a sink to spit in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting