U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:21 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,380,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From the link:

But following a number of tests, doctors have revealed that the baby has two brains and two spines but shares one heart, lungs, liver and pelvis.

The two-headed boy is, in reality, conjoined twins who share a single body. The condition is known as dicephalic parapagus - an extremely unusual form of conjoinment.
Because they share the same body, it is not possible to separate dicephalic parapagus twins.

Read more: Baby with two heads born in Brazil: Dicephalic parapagus twins Emanoel and Jesus | Mail Online

I read that one I mean the girls that were from America. They have 2 different hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 04:22 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,819,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think these people have more to worry about than dating, marriage and privacy. Probably the hardest thing is stares and inappropriate comments like menage a trois and other insensitive remarks. These are human beings with feelings and aspirations and functions which have to coordinate very closely with somebody else.

The community where these young women live have rallied and supported the whole family since day 1. I admire the entire family.
They're normal people otherwise and very often want to date and marry.

The famous Eng and Chang Bunker both married, Eng had 11 kids and Chang had 10 kids, remaining conjoined.

The Hensel twins are normal girls who both want to date and marry and have children. It's reported that Brittany is in fact engaged to be married. I don't know what that exactly means for her sister.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I read that one I mean the girls that were from America. They have 2 different hearts.

Abigail & Brittany Hensel - The Twins Who Share a Body - YouTube

Really very normal girls, very pretty and they seem very adjusted.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,380,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They're normal people otherwise and very often want to date and marry.

The famous Eng and Chang Bunker both married, Eng had 11 kids and Chang had 10 kids, remaining conjoined.

The Hensel twins are normal girls who both want to date and marry and have children. It's reported that Brittany is in fact engaged to be married. I don't know what that exactly means for her sister.

I am not trying to be rude or trying to be funny, but how does sex work? (not saying that you would know) but wouldnt that be really awkward or strange for the other twin? And even if they were ok and used to it because they know nothing else what about the person the one is having sex with. I think it would be really uncomfortable.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,143,158 times
Quote:
I am not trying to be rude or trying to be funny, but how does sex work? (not saying that you would know) but wouldnt that be really awkward or strange for the other twin? And even if they were ok and used to it because they know nothing else what about the person the one is having sex with. I think it would be really uncomfortable.
Really quick response to this but it can be done and has be done:

Chang and Eng Bunker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
They brought that up in that video toward the end, but like they said then, they're just 16 and don't have to think about how it will be done yet. They both want to be mothers and apparently that will be possible, but like the doctor pointed out, if they both marry one man, or two men, and then what if one wants to divorce and be single.

I think because these people are so normal otherwise, it brings up questions like this. But yes, it's no one's business really, but of course people will be somewhat curious. How can two different people share one body and have a normal life in every way that two different people can want to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or