Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
What is it?

Ablation.

BUT, again it doesn't work for all women. I have 3 friends who had it and now have either no, or a very light almost nothing, period. I have yet another friend who had it done, and it did absolutely nothing to help her.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1478971 View Post
Why don't familes have large families today? Don't they see that by contracepting they eventually lower a countries birth rate and eventually make it disappear?

Look at Japan and Germany. Their populations are declining.

What are the reasons for affluent families and countries for that matter have very little kids?
It cost more to raise a child now than ever before in history. Parents often must choose between having more children or fewer children with a better quality of life for them.

My personal belief is that if you cannot afford to raise a child, you really shouldn't have one. More and more people are beginning to feel that way. I honestly do not believe that humanity is in danger of extinction from lack of babies. More likely we will perish from over-population and total depletion of fresh water and other natural resources.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,833,778 times
I really wish I could get an iud but they don't usually do them on girls who haven't had kids.

Fwiw I had the nuva ring and it lightened my period, but made me a bit moody.

Why is everyone in such a rush to not have periods. I get bad cramps but I kind of like having an excuse to veg in sweat pants after work for a few days a month.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:01 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I really wish I could get an iud but they don't usually do them on girls who haven't had kids.

Why is everyone in such a rush to not have periods. I get bad cramps but I kind of like having an excuse to veg in sweat pants after work for a few days a month.

1. Really? My friend had one before she had her first kid?

2. For me, it's because mine are so bad and nothing helps them. So I would do whatever it takes to never have another period. However, even though I am totally infertile, my doctor won't do an ablation because I haven't had any kids.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Isn't there like some scientific way to choose now?
Nothing that really works!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:55 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,403 times
Is contracepting a word?

Old 12-31-2011, 05:10 PM

81 posts, read 202,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
This is kind of self-explanatory to me. It costs a lot of money to raise a large family and many people simply don't want to take on that sort of financial responsibility.
so they would rather see their country disappear. they need to think about the future

Old 12-31-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
so they would rather see their country disappear. they need to think about the future
I don't think many people who decide to have children do it to fulfill some duty to their country and maintain their country's ethnic make-up. What is the "ethnic make-up" of America anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nothing that really works!
Yeah there are. Its just ridiculously expensive.

Quote:
Same here. It's frustrating. I've heard that there are doctors out there who will do it to girls with out kids but you really need to search because they are few and far between.

Last edited by luckynumber4; 12-31-2011 at 05:26 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,970,743 times
Quote:

I do that anyways. I go straight home and change into comfortable clothes. I don't need to be on my period to do so.

There is NOTHING fun or remotely enjoyable about bleeding from your vagina. Sorry but I prefer to do that 3-4 times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Is contracepting a word?
I don't think so.

Quote:
Dude, do you live in the middle of no where?
Have been in rush hour traffic in somewhere like Denver or LA or NYC?
WE HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE.

And with the amount of teen pregnancies and ignorant parents who refuse to teach safe sex along side their abstinence talks then we'll never run out of people.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Why is everyone in such a rush to not have periods.
I get bad cramps but I kind of like having an excuse to veg in sweat pants after work for a few days a month.
Serious question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting