U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 AM

3,084 posts, read 6,469,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Nope, been using the same ones for several months. I'm going to try widening the hole a little bit to help him get the milk faster with this teething bit we're going through.
It might work better to buy the faster flow nipples and switch them out.

Often little ones who throw the bottle are indeed dealing with teething or ear infections where both things make them hurt. However, they are still thirsty and will drink from other things. So is he still eating food? If not, then perhaps he is dealing with a sore throat, maybe even strep where it's the swallowing that is the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,437,738 times
We are already on fast flow nipples, i dont think the brand i use makes 'ultra fast' or anything like that.

He is eating fairly well today otherwise, i keep a bowl on the living room table with puffs/freeze dried fruits/finger crackers and he is grazing on them today. He ate applesauce for lunch and did fine with that. I'm guessing it is the teething for sure. I'll try the numbing gel on his next bottle and see if that helps.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM

424 posts, read 635,983 times
I also agree with a PP who mentioned trying sippy cups without the valve. They aren't spill proof (but better than an open cup!), but they also require less sucking action, if it really is his teeth. My son gave up his bottle quite easily at 12 months, but it took us a while to find a cup he would drink from. I finally ended up with these cheapie Munchkin cups. They are only 99 cents each at Target and I popped the valve out and just went with it. We used these until early spring last year when we switched to straw cups. Now of course I can't find them online, but they were blue and green with a hard spout, not silicone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or