U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,700,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And posting jokes that you make with your own age friends on a website where your friends are your age does not make you a low life.
Which is it?
Only your same-age friends are enjoying this crassness?
Or you have parents, grandparents, others there too?

If it is just you and your same-age friends, go ahead and trash it up!
If you have others whom you voluntarily friended and/or accepted the friend-request of, don't b*tch and moan that they just don't get your infinite coolness and openmindedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,402,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Which is it?
Only your same-age friends are enjoying this crassness?
Or you have parents, grandparents, others there too?

If it is just you and your same-age friends, go ahead and trash it up!
If you have others whom you voluntarily friended and/or accepted the friend-request of, don't b*tch and moan that they just don't get your infinite coolness and openmindedness.
Why is the no middle ground?
And why do you just assume that since I don't always want to have to be PG rated that I am crass?

Seriously?
I make jokes and its not orange ya glad I didn't say banana as the punch line.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 PM

11,617 posts, read 19,769,064 times
Quote:
And posting jokes that you make with your own age friends on a website where your friends are your age does not make you a low life.

Like last night I quoted a convo between my friends and I.
I was trying to stick my nose stud back in and without thinking, I said in frustration, I can't find the damn hole and my friend said back...that's what he said... it was pretty funny.

He also said something about taking his cousins out to which I replied, you go out with your cousins?

THIS is the kind of stuff I am talking about.

We're 18-24 years old, we're not going to talk about knitting and daisies.
Newsflash! I'm 46 and I don't talk about knitting and daisies.

The "that's what she said" stuff is usually done by the end of high school. After that it's not really funny.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,822,810 times
Quote:

Like last night I quoted a convo between my friends and I.
I was trying to stick my nose stud back in and without thinking, I said in frustration, I can't find the damn hole and my friend said back...that's what he said... it was pretty funny.

He also said something about taking his cousins out to which I replied, you go out with your cousins?

THIS is the kind of stuff I am talking about.

We're 18-24 years old, we're not going to talk about knitting and daisies.
I almost hope to hear from you when you are 35 or 40 and see how your view of "old people" has evolved.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I almost hope to hear from you when you are 35 or 40 and see how your view of "old people" has evolved.
Not saying older people talk about that.
What I am saying is were not going to always talk about PG subjects.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM

42,313 posts, read 49,935,746 times
I don't get it...why can't your mom be your facebook friend?
Is this a bunch of 18 year-olds or something?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't get it...why can't your mom be your facebook friend?
Is this a bunch of 18 year-olds or something?
My mom can't be my facebook friend because she trash talks about me on her facebook page, her friends can no longer be on there because they make "past my bedtime" comments and my grandmother is still on there but certain things are blocked from her because I don't need anyone posting typical parental embarrassing things on my page. I am trying to get my life together as an adult and I don't need that kind of stuff being said to me, I don't like it therefore I don't accept it, and no where says I have to tolerate everything that is thrown my way, I can simply eliminate the issue.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 PM

11,617 posts, read 19,769,064 times
Quote:
Not saying older people talk about that.
What I am saying is were not going to always talk about PG subjects.
Neither do people in their 40s.

I find your comments a little strange. I went back to school when I was 40. My classmates were between 18-22. I have a whole bunch of friends that are under 30. They are my friends. We talk about all sorts of things that adults talk about. Relationships, music, family, sex, random gossip, careers, etc...

We talk about all the things that ADULTS that are friends talk about. What do you think happens to you when you turn 40? All of a sudden all of your conversations revolve around your aches and pains? You forget what sex is? You DONT GET dirty jokes?

I do have to say that while I have seen many off color posts and many drunken photos none of my under 30 friends are nearly as immature as you. Nor do they think that they have to hide the fact that they drink, are sexually active, or enjoy dirty jokes from their little old lady friend.

The last "that's what she said" joke I heard was out of my 7th grader's mouth. My friends in their 20s post FUNNY dirty jokes.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Neither do people in their 40s.

I find your comments a little strange. I went back to school when I was 40. My classmates were between 18-22. I have a whole bunch of friends that are under 30. They are my friends. We talk about all sorts of things that adults talk about. Relationships, music, family, sex, random gossip, careers, etc...

We talk about all the things that ADULTS that are friends talk about. What do you think happens to you when you turn 40? All of a sudden all of your conversations revolve around your aches and pains? You forget what sex is? You DONT GET dirty jokes?

I do have to say that while I have seen many off color posts and many drunken photos none of my under 30 friends are nearly as immature as you. Nor do they think that they have to hide the fact that they drink, are sexually active, or enjoy dirty jokes from their little old lady friend.

The last "that's what she said" joke I heard was out of my 7th grader's mouth. My friends in their 20s post FUNNY dirty jokes.
Whatever you can't see my page, you don't know what I am talking about.
And yes, I do hide some alcohol and sexual related things from my mom and grandmother, they may know I am 22 and will have sex but they don't need to know everything.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,822,810 times
Quote:
My mom can't be my facebook friend because she trash talks about me on her facebook page, her friends can no longer be on there because they make "past my bedtime" comments and my grandmother is still on there but certain things are blocked from her because I don't need anyone posting typical parental embarrassing things on my page. I am trying to get my life together as an adult and I don't need that kind of stuff being said to me, I don't like it therefore I don't accept it, and no where says I have to tolerate everything that is thrown my way, I can simply eliminate the issue.
This is an entirely valid reason and has nothing to do with her being old and not liking your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or