U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:24 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,471,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I cooked a hot breakfast every morning for my kids.
So did I!

I pushed the knob thingy on the toaster all the way down so their Pop Tarts wouldn't be cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,050,886 times
I am a SAHM and my kids are small (almost 4 and almost 2), so they pretty much eat what is put in front of them and there is no rush with them eating. I don't make them eat, but they do have to stay at table at least ten minutes or so, and usually eat a big-ish breakfast. Breakfast during the week is usually buttered toast or toaster waffles, and some dry cereal in a cup (semi-sweet stuff such as Cheerios, wheeties etc), with milk to drink (for some reason they prefer their milk and cereal separately, and it suits me, as less messy, especially with the 2 year old). Sometimes I put a little chocolate powder in the milk. They can have as much as they want. Then they can have fruit (seasonally dependent- right now usually mandarins or banana) while I help my husband get ready and get the kids' stuff on days they have playschool.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:47 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,926,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So did I!

I pushed the knob thingy on the toaster all the way down so their Pop Tarts wouldn't be cold.
LOL!

My son didn't have a PopTart until he was 14 and at camp.
Nasty things...

Old 01-06-2012, 04:08 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,237,082 times
Quote:
So did I!

Haha, Dew!

My oldest is three, so he's not bored with breakfast yet but is definitely not shy about his preferences. We do either waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal (like Cheerios) or occasionally peanut butter and honey on toast or part of a bagel. Available fruits are grapes, apples or bananas, usually. We're kind of boring, I guess.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM

4,480 posts, read 8,353,324 times
Quote:
So did I!

Your children are spoiled!

I remember when I was little I had a specific way that I liked the butter melted on toast. It was basically bread and butter.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,747,841 times
It depends on who is making the breakfast to be honest. During the week, if it is my husband, my son just wants a pancake or more often a pop tart and almond milk. I wish my husband would stop with the pop tarts but it is a battle he chooses not to pick and since I want to sleep in, whatever. He eats pretty healthy during the rest of the day.

Weekends we do pancakes, french toast, bacon, ect.

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Didn't you hear from Bill Cosby "Eggs! Eggs are in chocolate cake. And milk! Oh, goodie! And wheat! That's nutrition! "What do you want?" "Can I have some chocolate cake?" "Chocolate cake coming up!" SHEW! Sliced it for her and served it. "

Bill Cosby - Dad is Great brings me Chocolate Cake - YouTube

Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,103,502 times
I am a SAHM, so I am not particularly rushed in the morning so I can usually cook whatever my daughter wants in the morning. She is kind of a strange eater sometimes, like this morning she wanted taquitos (sp?). We will do scrambled eggs, pancakes, she loves tofu with egg and sometimes cold cereal if I don't feel up to cooking.

As far as eating cake, no you aren't a terrible mom for letting them do this. I sometimes let my daughter eat things like this, we call it silly breakfast and usually only happens about once a month. I see no harm in doing this once in a while.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:18 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,103,502 times
Quote:
So did I!

Love it!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 PM

20,793 posts, read 52,563,437 times
My kids have been getting themselves breakfast since they were probably in 2nd grade or so. They typically have cereal, toast or a bagel or oatmeal. If they are in a hurry they grab poptarts. Our oldest doesn't eat right away in the morning and would take some poptarts or something on the bus, our other two eat before they leave. Weekends are the same.

When we feel like it we make pancakes or something on the weekends. We usually make extras and freeze them. The kids can warm them in the microwave or toaster during the week if they want.

None of us are huge breakfast eaters but we all need something to eat in the morning.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM

20,793 posts, read 52,563,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!

My son didn't have a PopTart until he was 14 and at camp.
Nasty things...

I used to spend some of my babysitting money on Chocolate Fudge Poptarts when I was a kid because my mom wouldn't buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or