U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: here
24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times
Reputation: 31039

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
OP, if you honestly think that these spoiled selfish brats are ever going to take care of you and your wife, be prepared to join the ranks of the "elder abused".

When my son was 14, he was 'feeling his oats' and drew back his fist to strike me. I grabbed his arm and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. When his father came home from work, he told the boy - "You think you are an adult now and can hit women? Into the backyard..." where HE proceeded to beat the crap out of him. He even let the boy have the first punch. Needless to say, our son apologized to both of us AND his brother and sister - none of the kids in our family including our foster children ever raised their hand to us again - that story bcame a family legend.

Being 'nice' to these kids hoping they will care for you is extremely selfish and foolish. No one has the right to expect that their children take care of them. No. One. If they do it at all, it should be because they want to - because they respect and love and revere their parents and don't want to see them do without or suffer. Your kids are 'way past that... they are so completely self-involved that they think (KNOW) that you owe them, and will, for the rest of their lives. They don't care about you, they don't respect you, and they will do as they please because you let them. And the more you let them get away with this, the more they will push the envelope.

Get an attorney, find out your rights, and stop worrying about hurting the little shmucks' feelings. They don't care about hurting yours, taking advantage of you, and attempting to physically beat you and your wife down. Guess what the next step is? Unless you or your wife want to be the guest of honor at a funeral, you need to get these pusillanimous pipsqueaks out - NOW.
child abuse. He could have been removed from your home for that. Beating your child earns you no respect. The last paragraph I agree with, though. At this point, they are not going to take care of you (OP) in your old age. Don't count on that for a moment. Nothing you can do now will make the relationship any worse than it already is.

 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
 
5,210 posts, read 8,807,408 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think you can legally kick someone out of his residence without notice. I believe you have to go through the legal channels of eviction.
Unless there is a signed lease involved - Kick 'em out.

And if they're the type to try to sue their own parents over a "wrongful eviction" (what kid does that?), let them know that any lawyers fees are coming straight out of their inheritance $.
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,376,861 times
Reputation: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
OP, if you honestly think that these spoiled selfish brats are ever going to take care of you and your wife, be prepared to join the ranks of the "elder abused".

When my son was 14, he was 'feeling his oats' and drew back his fist to strike me. I grabbed his arm and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. When his father came home from work, he told the boy - "You think you are an adult now and can hit women? Into the backyard..." where HE proceeded to beat the crap out of him. He even let the boy have the first punch. Needless to say, our son apologized to both of us AND his brother and sister - none of the kids in our family including our foster children ever raised their hand to us again - that story bcame a family legend.

Being 'nice' to these kids hoping they will care for you is extremely selfish and foolish. No one has the right to expect that their children take care of them. No. One. If they do it at all, it should be because they want to - because they respect and love and revere their parents and don't want to see them do without or suffer. Your kids are 'way past that... they are so completely self-involved that they think (KNOW) that you owe them, and will, for the rest of their lives. They don't care about you, they don't respect you, and they will do as they please because you let them. And the more you let them get away with this, the more they will push the envelope.

Get an attorney, find out your rights, and stop worrying about hurting the little shmucks' feelings. They don't care about hurting yours, taking advantage of you, and attempting to physically beat you and your wife down. Guess what the next step is? Unless you or your wife want to be the guest of honor at a funeral, you need to get these pusillanimous pipsqueaks out - NOW.

I bet thats the last time he raised his hand towards woman. That is unacceptable behavior and you nipped it right in the bud. Great parenting imho.
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 3,135,776 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Unless there is a signed lease involved - Kick 'em out.

And if they're the type to try to sue their own parents over a "wrongful eviction" (what kid does that?), let them know that any lawyers fees are coming straight out of their inheritance $.

Heck I would not even leave them an inheritance. I would specifically buy a gerbil for this reason and leave it all to the gerbil and when the gerbil dies have a clause that it goes to Save the Gerbils Rescue Society!
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: here
24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times
Reputation: 31039
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I bet thats the last time he raised his hand towards woman. That is unacceptable behavior and you nipped it right in the bud. Great parenting imho.
seriously? you think beating up your 14 yo son is great parenting? seriously?

I wonder where the son got the idea to raise is hand at his mom in the first place...
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
 
5,210 posts, read 8,807,408 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Heck I would not even leave them an inheritance. I would specifically buy a gerbil for this reason and leave it all to the gerbil and when the gerbil dies have a clause that it goes to Save the Gerbils Rescue Society!
If they tried that shtuff on me, I'd be spending any inheritance money as fast as I could on myself. But I might leave a little with the gerbil or the dog, too. You can't take it with you...
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
 
3,803 posts, read 4,803,929 times
Reputation: 3463
get an eviction notice(some states allow u to evict your grown kids)---rent out the house and u and your hubby spend some time away in a nice climate for an extended length of time
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Reputation: 66975
I don't understand.
What do you mean?
Just kick them out.
Buh-bye.
 
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,376,861 times
Reputation: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
seriously? you think beating up your 14 yo son is great parenting? seriously?

I wonder where the son got the idea to raise is hand at his mom in the first place...
Maybe T.V or movies. Maybe he saw his friends parents fight. IDK. But IMO if a boy hits a girl he deserves to get the crap beaten out of him. And his mom at that? My son would be lucky I didnt beat the crap out of him and then have him arrested so he can go to jail people could hear what happened and beat the crap out of him again. SMH. What would you suggest sit him down "no no Johnny we dont hit we use out words" while your sporting a black eye to work for 2 weeks and have to explain that your son did it. Nope not in this household.
 
Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
 
Location: here
24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times
Reputation: 31039
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Maybe T.V or movies. Maybe he saw his friends parents fight. IDK. But IMO if a boy hits a girl he deserves to get the crap beaten out of him. And his mom at that? My son would be lucky I didnt beat the crap out of him and then have him arrested so he can go to jail people could hear what happened and beat the crap out of him again. SMH. What would you suggest sit him down "no no Johnny we dont hit we use out words" while your sporting a black eye to work for 2 weeks and have to explain that your son did it. Nope not in this household.
The "wonder where he leaned it" question was meant to be rhetorical. He most likely learned it from his parents who beat him up . I'm sure that wasn't the first time he witnessed violence in his own home. Let's think about this... You go ahead and beat up your 14 yo son, then call the police to report that he hit you (or threatened to). I'm stunned that I have to actually point this out, but he wouldn't be the one getting arrested, YOU would. Then he would be put in foster care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top