U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:51 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,620,437 times

Advertisements

Little girl waves "bye" to everyone at the mall - The Feed Blog - CBS News

Too Sweet for words- the look on her face when a few don't acknowledge her is so sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 AM

20,793 posts, read 52,373,875 times
That is too cute....love her dress too. I always try to say hi or wave to little kids if they say hi first or wave. I remember my kids at that age and how sad they would get if they said hi to someone and that person didn't acknowledge them.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,953,202 times
I love how almost everyone waved back at her! I think that was really sweet.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,973,454 times
What a cutie cuteness! I love how almost everybody smiled and waved. I bet all the people who did had a little smile on their faces or in their hearts when they got to the bottom of the escalator.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM

2,514 posts, read 5,163,540 times
What a doll!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Great video, No Kudzo. Thanks for sharing it. That little girl is one cutie.

In our family we consider waving a lost art. So we are the people who wave at places like Disneyland. This involves specific waves for specific situations. The "Look! Mickey!" wave also involves jumping up and down. The "Miss America" wave is reserved for rides on the Carousel as you circle round and round. There is the "Stop! We're Holding Up The Train" wave. The "Queen Wave" is given when you walk into a restaurant and pass people at their tables. Waves get points if they are returned by characters. If a tourist waves back you get double points. If you get a blast on the horn from the Monorail Pilot when the Monorail goes past you get a churro.

That little girl would fit right in!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 PM

2,726 posts, read 4,363,919 times
Cute, cute little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
That is too cute....love her dress too. I always try to say hi or wave to little kids if they say hi first or wave. I remember my kids at that age and how sad they would get if they said hi to someone and that person didn't acknowledge them.
My daughter loves to say hi to anyone and everyone. When somebody doesn't say hi back she quickly says "She didn't say hi." All I can say is, no she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Great video, No Kudzo. Thanks for sharing it. That little girl is one cutie.

In our family we consider waving a lost art. So we are the people who wave at places like Disneyland. This involves specific waves for specific situations. The "Look! Mickey!" wave also involves jumping up and down. The "Miss America" wave is reserved for rides on the Carousel as you circle round and round. There is the "Stop! We're Holding Up The Train" wave. The "Queen Wave" is given when you walk into a restaurant and pass people at their tables. Waves get points if they are returned by characters. If a tourist waves back you get double points. If you get a blast on the horn from the Monorail Pilot when the Monorail goes past you get a churro.

That little girl would fit right in!
That is too cute! I grew up in small town Texas and most people waved, even to travelers in their cars.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,226,271 times
THAT was adorable!!

DS went through a "bye" phase when he was younger, too (I guess most kids do??). I love how kids just assume everyone will wave back, and how many people actually do and get excited about it! Makes me smile.

BTW, Dew- I love the waving game!

Old 01-18-2012, 02:28 PM

14,777 posts, read 34,498,385 times
My oldest daughter loved to wave to people, most gave her a wave back and it would always make her happy. I was probably the one most upset when people didn't return the wave. This seemed to encourage her to want to talk to people, which can always be a mixed blessing...

For last years Christmas photo with Santa the girls wore very fancy dresses. The oldest marched through the mall enjoying all the smiles and compliments on how pretty she looked. While in line she turns to a lady standing next to, not in, the line and says, "do you like my special Christmas dress?" The lady looks at her, doesn't say a word and then turns her back. My daughter was quite perturbed that the lady didn't acknowledge her and she asked me why.

I told her in a rather loud voice that "sometimes when people grow up their souls die and they turn into crusty, mean adults who don't appreciate things like confident little girls in pretty Christmas dresses." My daughter responded, "I hope Santa brings that lady a new soul since hers died and made her all crusty."

...that's my girl, lol.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,734,128 times
"I told her in a rather loud voice that "sometimes when people grow up their souls die and they turn into crusty, mean adults who don't appreciate things like confident little girls in pretty Christmas dresses." My daughter responded, "I hope Santa brings that lady a new soul since hers died and made her all crusty."

LMAO- Love it NJGOAT!!

And the video was super cute! That mall where it is filmed is 45mins from me. Next time I am there, hope this girl ends my shopping experience with a "bye"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting