U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-23-2012, 05:10 PM

8,012 posts, read 3,813,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
not even a drink for over night?
Water.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Naturally, if they're so young (or untrained) that they are still wetting the bed or they can't keep from spilling it, you wouldn't give them water at night. But beyond that, I don't see the problem. I remember having a glass of water next to my bed when I was a kid. It was a delight to just roll over, have a sip, and doze off again. Every time I had to go to the KITCHEN for it, I ended up trying to find a snack as well, and sometimes turning on the TV...
It gets dry in the winter in particular. I hate waking up to pasty mouth.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am not hunting for dirty glasses and dishes,
Oh goodness. Me neither. They do that!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM

5,481 posts, read 3,149,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It gets dry in the winter in particular. I hate waking up to pasty mouth.
Or a gross tasting mouth, I can't do it either,and water doesn't help, gotta have something with flavor, like gatorade, gets it right out.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM

20,902 posts, read 18,495,497 times
Quote:
A reuseable waterbottle which you make them responsible for bringing down every morning and rinsing out. Make it their night time waterbottle that is solely used for that purpose.
Thank you for the suggestion, but they don't wake up thirsty.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM

4,152 posts, read 4,798,024 times
Quote:
Or a gross tasting mouth, I can't do it either,and water doesn't help, gotta have something with flavor, like gatorade, gets it right out.

After having to have a root canal I never drink anything sweet after I brush my teeth. It's awful to let that sit on your teeth all night.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 PM

779 posts, read 796,980 times
My 13 yr old daughter has to give her room a good cleaning every Sunday. This includes putting new sheets on the bed, dusting, cleaning her hardwood floor, taking her throw rugs outside to shake out, doing all of her laundry (washing, drying, folding to put in drawers and hanging up everything), emptying her trash can and cleaning off her desk.

I do ask that no wet towels be left in her room and any dishes be brought to the kitchen every morning. By Sunday her desk is a mess with papers, books, and random stuff all over it. She has a big moon chair that is piled full of clothes by Sunday too. I don't mind as long as it is cleaned well once a week. Her bed only gets made on Sunday too.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 PM

21,647 posts, read 12,235,514 times
Quote:
You ALL claim that your kids are so wonderful and responsible in comparison to me yet they aren't responsible enough to bring a water bottle down every morning and you would have to hunt down water glasses.

We are talking about our kids here. You're comparing yourself, as a 22-year old, with much younger children so your argument isn't valid.

It didn't skip my notice that you ignored the problems caused by sugary drinks and ants. Sometimes you just have to do without the instant gratification *having to have Gatorade* to live in a house that isn't crawling with bugs. Yech. Bugs in the house. No thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM

5,926 posts, read 2,244,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
We are talking about our kids here. You're comparing yourself, as a 22-year old, with much younger children so your argument isn't valid.

It didn't skip my notice that you ignored the problems caused by sugary drinks and ants. Sometimes you just have to do without the instant gratification *having to have Gatorade* to live in a house that isn't crawling with bugs. Yech. Bugs in the house. No thanks.
Yeah, the Gatorade's a stretch, as would be fruit juice or tea, etc. But, for argument's sake, some people can actually leave food or drinks out all night and not get bugs in their house. Depending on where they live, and if they have sprayed an effective spray for bugs, it's possible.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM

21,647 posts, read 12,235,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Yeah, the Gatorade's a stretch, as would be fruit juice or tea, etc. But, for argument's sake, some people can actually leave food or drinks out all night and not get bugs in their house. Depending on where they live, and if they have sprayed an effective spray for bugs, it's possible.
Oh, I understand that.

But we lived in bug central and I didn't want to HAVE to spray. (I used blue Windex, BTW. Works GREAT on ants! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting