U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,279,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
That's harsh. Maybe some people just aren't worth saving, especially if they are a burden.
I cannot even begin to imagine what degree of "burden" my child could become that would make me think s/he not worth saving.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,237,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
Depends on the parent. My dad told me "that's fine" when I told him his behavior made me suicidal. And then he proceeded to say some pretty mean things to me. And then I have a mom who is too stressed out to care.
I am truly sorry to hear that. People can say some messed up things in situations like that. I hope you have been able to find the support you need.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,977,056 times
A friend of our family had a daughter who was terminally ill for many years. She was supposed to die as a child, but lived to be in her 20's. The daughter took all her stress, anger, and pain out on her mother, who was there at her beck and call every minute of every day. I've yet to see a girl be so mean, disrespectful, and hurtful to a mother who did everything for her and catered to her EVERY need. Maybe because the one thing her mother couldn't give her was her good health, and she hated her for that. I don't know.

Anyway, no matter how cruel this girl was to her mom, her mom was always there. When it was suggested to her to step back, that maybe the girl would appreciate her more because she wouldn't run to her side every time, the mom said she couldn't do that. What if the one time she didn't go to her, she died? She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if that happened. When the girl finally did die, her mother was heartbroken. Not relieved. That was her child. No matter what the circumstances are, I don't believe a parent could want their child dead, not if there was a chance, even the slimmest, that the child could get better. Remember the parents of the daughter in a persistive vegetative state who fought her husband not to take her off life support? I'm sure they're not alone.

Your parents, in moments of selfishness or meanness, may have said some cruel things, but I think if something happened to you, they would be devastated. I hope they realize how wrong that was some day soon.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 PM

25,907 posts, read 35,116,354 times
Because this is about a personal situation and isn't hypothetical, I have to close it. I'm sorry, TTEOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or