U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 AM

11,229 posts, read 9,228,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Edited to add: Just saw Kat's post.

The vaccine also protects against cancer of the penile skin and anal cancer.

Men get warts, too. They may not kill, but they are uncomfortable and do not always go away without treatment. Treatment is painful.

Ringo, at age 16, I would probably go ahead and give it. He is old enough that you could send him in for a private conversation with his doctor and have him tell you what he would like to do.
I thank you all for the correction.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 AM

5,106 posts, read 6,062,113 times
yep i would give to my sons as well as my daughters.

sons become sexually active sooner or later which makes transmission of the virus a possibility

Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 AM

27,248 posts, read 15,033,121 times
I will see what his doctor recommends and decide from there

Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,548,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Reports are investigated. Results are not published on VAERS. I did not say complaints are "hear say", the FDA report did.

If people tell me they have studied all the facts and are making a decision based on Tenpenny or Mercola, I am going to correct the myths for a variety of reasons. .
So, where on earth did you get the information that my decisions for not vaccinating my son yet were based on Tenpenny or Mercola? My decision is based on reports of death and illness and family members in the medical field. Whom are also waiting before they give their kids the shot.

The rest of your post is filled with personal insults which I have no desire to respond to.
No personal insults at all, just questions you are choosing not to answer. I simply asked you if you were mocking me in order to convince me to make a decision I'm not comfortable with.
I'm not anti-vaccine either which I'm am telling you for the fourth time. I'm pro choice, that's all, just want the right to decide for myself. I don't want people like you to make vaccines law. I want them to remain a choice.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I have always been a big fan of the expression an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And DAMN but I don't want to be that 10% for whom it is not curable.
So, do you think vaccines should be mandatory? We should all be made by the government to get them for the good of all? I agree, nobody wants to be the 10% or the % of people who die from the vaccine. I don't WANT to be either. I have to make the choice for myself and my son for that very reason. I wouldn't trust others to do it for me, as I do believe you wouldn't trust others to make your decisions for you.

Since you give the shots, answer a curious question for me. What part of it is responsible for the fainting side effect you've seen in patients who've got the shot? I understand the sore arm, but why does it make some people faint? And, do you keep people in office for a period of time, hours, to monitor it so they don't knock themselves silly when or if they faint? Do you advise against driving, or sports activities for a period of time?

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-04-2012 at 09:18 AM..

Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,226,271 times
There seems to be some misunderstanding running throughout this thread. When people refer to the decision to get the HPV vaccine as a public health issue as well as a personal decision, it is not an either-or. Whether a family decides to vaccinate or not does have public health implications re: herd immunity. Pointing out that public health implications exist when making this personal decision is not pressuring to vaccinate, it is stating a fact.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
There seems to be some misunderstanding running throughout this thread. When people refer to the decision to get the HPV vaccine as a public health issue as well as a personal decision, it is not an either-or. Whether a family decides to vaccinate or not does have public health implications re: herd immunity. Pointing out that public health implications exist when making this personal decision is not pressuring to vaccinate, it is stating a fact.
What does this statement mean in regards to making it mandatory? Are you for mandating this shot for all girls and boys?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 AM

84,964 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
So, do you think vaccines should be mandatory? We should all be made by the government to get them for the good of all? I agree, nobody wants to be the 10% or the % of people who die from the vaccine. I don't WANT to be either. I have to make the choice for myself and my son for that very reason. I wouldn't trust others to do it for me, as I do believe you wouldn't trust others to make your decisions for you.

Since you give the shots, answer a curious question for me. What part of it is responsible for the fainting side effect you've seen in patients who've got the shot? I understand the sore arm, but why does it make some people faint? And, do you keep people in office for a period of time, hours, to monitor it so they don't knock themselves silly when or if they faint? Do you advise against driving, or sports activities for a period of time?
The bold is total garbage. Even if all 71 deaths reported were caused by the vaccine, that is out of tens of thousands of doses, maybe more.

I think the second paragraph is for me, not somebodynew.

Since you're so hostile, I think I'll pass on an answer, other than to say we take the standard precautions.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 AM

12,976 posts, read 11,790,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
No personal insults at all, just questions you are choosing not to answer. I simply asked you if you were mocking me in order to convince me to make a decision I'm not comfortable with.
I'm not anti-vaccine either which I'm am telling you for the fourth time. I'm pro choice, that's all, just want the right to decide for myself. I don't want people like you to make vaccines law. I want them to remain a choice.
If you are not getting your information of apparent death and severe side-effects from the anti-vaccine folks, then where are you getting it as they are the only people publishing this?

Who said anything about making this mandatory?

I have no idea why the people you know are against this vaccine, but I have never met a real live human who worked in the fields of pediatrics, immunology, infectious diseases, or public health who is against vaccines. And I have worked in the field a long time. In fact I'd go as far as to say the vast majority of the good folks I have worked with would fight tooth and nail against something if they actually believed it caused harm. The notion that people would be complacent or promote something known to be harmful is pretty offensive.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The bold is total garbage.

I was agreeing with her that I wouldn't want to be part of the 10% of women with cervical cancer. That's garbage? Or do you mean you don't believe that I wouldn't? Then I also said I wouldn't want to be the % of the cases that got ill from the vaccine either. Scanning threads is misleading sometimes, if you are going to post such hostile reactions you might want to double check what the poster said. Unless you think what I actually said is garbage, because I gave no number for a reason on the % for vaccine related incidents.

I think the second paragraph is for me, not somebodynew. It's for anyone who actually knows. Since you won't or I'm assuming now that you can't answer it maybe someone with knowledge of it can. I really would like it explained. Believe it or not I am trying to make a decision myself. You just don't seem to like the choice part. I'm assuming you think my choice is hostile towards others but it really isn't. This thread goes on and on because nobody can really answer any of the questions out there. It's like one big pamphlet.

Since you're so hostile, I think I'll pass on an answer, other than to say we take the standard precautions.
So, anyone else know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting