Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 06:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/acip/downloads/min-oct11.txt (broken link)

Approximately halfway down on this document is found that 71 deaths have been received by VAERS. Of them, 34 have been verified and 32 of them were female.

Median age was 17.

Median time from innoculation to Death was 15 days.

15 of them had received only Dose 1
8 deaths were after Dose 2
11 Deaths were after Dose 3

Of the above deaths, 15 of them received only the HPV.
13 of them received comcomitant vaccinations. (the other 6 fall into what category??)

After "clinical Review" -
7 were classified as Neurological deaths
7 as cardiac deaths ( arrhythmia-3, myocarditis-3)
4 as Pulmonary Embolism
5 as infectious, MRSA, Strep and Vasculitis
4 as non-infectious, suicide, drug overdose, dermatomyositis
7 Unexplained cause of Death

Not even autopsy could confirm or deny if the HPV had anything to do with these unexplained deaths.

Note that no one has been able to prove either way, if the Vaccine caused the neurological deaths, cardiac deaths, pulmonary deaths....as well as the unexplained ones.

I bet the parents know~

No doctor that's worth a thing would give a vaccination, especially a new one to a person that was not in very good health BEFORE doing so....hmmm.....so this many died within a couple of weeks of the shot, and some after more than one HPV Shot.

Yeah, I see where this is pointing.
Seriously, you are taking liberties transcribing a federal document that you linked to? Unbelievable. Really. Here is the data in its entirety, not edited by posters hoping we are too dense to read the document ourselves.

Quote:
Disproportional reporting of syncope was identified in the 2009 VAERS review of HPV4 published in JAMA. Since September 15, 2011, syncope continues to be one of the most common terms identified in both non-serious and serious reports. There have been 202 serious reports of syncope. Injuries that have resulted from syncopal events include fractures (nose, skull, maxillary), dental injuries, contusions, concussions, and intracranial hemorrhages (subdural hematoma, subarachnoid hemorrhage). There have been no reports of death received by VAERS from injury resulting from a vasovagal syncopal event.

In CDC’s review of anaphylaxis reports to VAERS, 43 reports were found. All were female and 20 were considered serious. The median age was 17 years and the median onset from vaccination to event was 0 days. There were 12 reports in which CDC was able to confirm an anaphylaxis diagnosis by either physician diagnosis or Brighton criteria level 1-3. All were treated and recovered. There were no confirmed deaths due to anaphylaxis. Of the reports, 7 were reported as serious either due to “life threatening” being checked off or report by MFR. Of these, 3 had HPV alone and 1 did not have this information documented. All were treated and recovered. Of the remaining 32, 3 were hearsay reports, 2 had symptoms that ranged from 3 days to 20 days after the vaccination date, 3 had multitude of symptoms but doctors found difficult to come up with a diagnosis, and the remaining 24 did not have enough on the report to establish a diagnosis of anaphylaxis.

A total of 71 reports of death have been received by VAERS, of which 34 have been verified by autopsy, death certificate, or confirmation by a medical provider. Among the 37 unconfirmed reports of death, the majority have been considered hearsay—meaning that there is no specific knowledge about a patient or event; therefore, it is not possible to confirm the death. This included reports from people who read about a possible HPV death in a website, newspaper, or magazine. “Other” are current death reports that are under investigation. Among the 34 verified death reports, 32 were female. The median age was 17 years and median days from vaccination to death was 15 days. Among these death reports, 15 received dose 1, 8 reports were following dose 2, and 11 were following dose 3. Of the deaths reported, 15 received HPV4 only and 13 received concomitant vaccinations. After clinical review, 7 were classified as neurological deaths, 7 as cardiac deaths (arrhythmia [3]; myocarditis [3]; congenital), 4 as pulmonary embolism, 5 as infectious (Group A Strep [2]; N. meningitidis, MRSA; HIV-CNS vasculitis), 4 as other non-infectious (suicide; type 1 DM DKA; drug overdose; dermatomyositis), and 7 were unexplained cause of death. For many of these reports, even upon autopsy, a specific cause of death could not be determined.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
No doctor that's worth a thing would give a vaccination, especially a new one to a person that was not in very good health BEFORE doing so....hmmm.....so this many died within a couple of weeks of the shot, and some after more than one HPV Shot.

Here are the contraindications to HPV vaccine:

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Who Should NOT Get Vaccinated?

Some people should not get HPV vaccine or should wait.
Anyone who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction to any component of HPV vaccine, or to a previous dose of HPV vaccine, should not get the vaccine. Tell your doctor if the person getting vaccinated has any severe allergies, including an allergy to yeast.
HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. However, receiving HPV vaccine when pregnant is not a reason to consider terminating the pregnancy. Women who are breast feeding may get the vaccine.
Any woman who learns she was pregnant when she got this HPV vaccine is encouraged to contact the manufacturer’s HPV in pregnancy registry at 800-986-8999. This will help us learn how pregnant women respond to the vaccine.

People who are mildly ill when a dose of HPV vaccine is planned can still be vaccinated. People with a moderate or severe illness should wait until they are better

The usual defintion of "mildly ill" is sick with a cold, sore throat, something like that. Usually, if the person is well enough to come to the office/clinic, they are well enough to get the shot. Presence of chronic disease is not a conatraindication.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/acip/downloads/min-oct11.txt (broken link)

Approximately halfway down on this document is found that 71 deaths have been received by VAERS. Of them, 34 have been verified and 32 of them were female.

Median age was 17.

Median time from innoculation to Death was 15 days.

15 of them had received only Dose 1
8 deaths were after Dose 2
11 Deaths were after Dose 3

Of the above deaths, 15 of them received only the HPV.
13 of them received comcomitant vaccinations. (the other 6 fall into what category??)

After "clinical Review" -
7 were classified as Neurological deaths
7 as cardiac deaths ( arrhythmia-3, myocarditis-3)
4 as Pulmonary Embolism
5 as infectious, MRSA, Strep and Vasculitis
4 as non-infectious, suicide, drug overdose, dermatomyositis
7 Unexplained cause of Death

Not even autopsy could confirm or deny if the HPV had anything to do with these unexplained deaths.

Note that no one has been able to prove either way, if the Vaccine caused the neurological deaths, cardiac deaths, pulmonary deaths....as well as the unexplained ones.

I bet the parents know~

All this tells me is that none of these deaths were related. I mean, 4 of them were drug overdoses or suicide. Do you count those among the "deaths caused by the HPV vaccine?"

Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
All this tells me is that none of these deaths were related. I mean, 4 of them were drug overdoses or suicide. Do you count those among the "deaths caused by the HPV vaccine?"
Would you say the suicides that occur with use of drugs like Zoloft are unrelated to the drug??? If there are neurological issues due to the vaccine that resulted in the suicides, you can, indeed, link the suicides to the vaccine. This vaccine is known to cause neurological issues. Most mild but who is to say how they will affect the way a young girl thinks?

I don't care how many kids die after getting these shots, ONE is too many. I love the "One less" commercials. How many of those who died would have counted themselves among the 50% of people who never get the virus, or the 45% who get it and then fight it off on their own without incidence? And if they were in the 5%, how many of them would have been diagnosed in time to treat the issue? And even if they end up dying because of the issue, how many more years of life might they have had before that happened?

This vaccine is just not worth it. I know one young lady was perfectly healthy until she got the first shot. Within weeks she was confined to a wheel chair and it appears she's not going to get better. They're claiming the vaccine had nothing to do with it yet they have no explanation for what happened to her. She passed out within hours of getting the vaccine and it's been down hill since then and we're supposed to believe that this strange malady just, coincidentally, showed up right after getting the vaccine???? I don't buy it. She was healthy and now she has palsy so severe she can't talk, walk or even write her name.

My dd's can be taught to protect themselves without this vaccine and even if they don't, there's a 90% chance nothing will happen and if something does, there's a high liklihood it will be something like I had that is caught in time to be treated. I will teach my girls to protect themselves and that includes regular pap smears. IMO, this vaccine is not worth the risk.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Would you say the suicides that occur with use of drugs like Zoloft are unrelated to the drug??? If there are neurological issues due to the vaccine that resulted in the suicides, you can, indeed, link the suicides to the vaccine. This vaccine is known to cause neurological issues. Most mild but who is to say how they will affect the way a young girl thinks?

I don't care how many kids die after getting these shots, ONE is too many. I love the "One less" commercials. How many of those who died would have counted themselves among the 50% of people who never get the virus, or the 45% who get it and then fight it off on their own without incidence? And if they were in the 5%, how many of them would have been diagnosed in time to treat the issue? And even if they end up dying because of the issue, how many more years of life might they have had before that happened?

This vaccine is just not worth it. I know one young lady was perfectly healthy until she got the first shot. Within weeks she was confined to a wheel chair and it appears she's not going to get better. They're claiming the vaccine had nothing to do with it yet they have no explanation for what happened to her. She passed out within hours of getting the vaccine and it's been down hill since then and we're supposed to believe that this strange malady just, coincidentally, showed up right after getting the vaccine???? I don't buy it. She was healthy and now she has palsy so severe she can't talk, walk or even write her name.

My dd's can be taught to protect themselves without this vaccine and even if they don't, there's a 90% chance nothing will happen and if something does, there's a high liklihood it will be something like I had that is caught in time to be treated. I will teach my girls to protect themselves and that includes regular pap smears. IMO, this vaccine is not worth the risk.
This is what it is really about. You know someone. I'm surprised for a person obsessed with statistics and studies that you'd base your opinion on one case.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
I come from a family of teachers and nurses, I myself am a professor. I usually listen to the nurses in my family on vaccines and related as well. I find it scary that even doctors are googling their patients symptoms these days so you can't really blame all the people on cd. I mean, it seems the wave of the future but it is a little freaky. That I will agree on. Although back in the day, before computers abound people just asked around. They used other peoples experiences all the time. This isn't new, as said by eastwest, it's just a faster way to collect data, real life stories, and of course lies. You could always collect this stuff manually before the google craze though.
Everyone on here is using it though, not just the "anti-vaccine" crowd. Everyone!

You can't prove on either side with google, or deaths, because when you die of anything there are most always several factors. That holds true for people whom thing they didn't die from the vaccine as well. Just because the death of someone is difficult to prove after they are dead doesn't mean it isn't true either. For one side to be true the other also has to hold true. So if you get the shot and die a week later of a blood clot it's of no notice or worry. They can't prove it one way or the other, especially if you were talking birth control pills, or you smoked, or you took some Advil.

Here, your doctor might be googling your risks right now.
Study: Nearly Half Of Doctors Use Google, Yahoo To Diagnose Patients « CBS Los Angeles

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-03-2012 at 08:31 PM..

Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ah, not being able to evaluate the credibility of a source and believing misinformation predates google. It just spreads faster now.
LOL, so true!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

I really like the way you express your conviction on this. Good points for me in there. Thank you, nice post.
Wow, glad I agree with you this time. lol

Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Here, your doctor might be googling your risks right now.
Study: Nearly Half Of Doctors Use Google, Yahoo To Diagnose Patients « CBS Los Angeles
Hopefully doctors can differentiate between the web sites Google leads them to. As an example googling symptoms can lead to the Mayo Clinic website. Too many posters here link to a blog or someone's personal website and think it's a legitimate resource.

The CBS report is about doctors NEEDING to use Google instead of diagnosing using their memories and experience. It's about a lack of training on the part of newer doctors. It specifically says veteran doctors are not Googling.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hopefully doctors can differentiate between the web sites Google leads them to. As an example googling symptoms can lead to the Mayo Clinic website. Too many posters here link to a blog or someone's personal website and think it's a legitimate resource.

The CBS report is about doctors NEEDING to use Google instead of diagnosing using their memories and experience. It's about a lack of training on the part of newer doctors. It specifically says veteran doctors are not Googling.
If you only new lol
I have a few nurses in my immediate family that would make you hesitate to go to your next doc apt. Doctors and scientist are just plan old people. Good and bad. I'll post that post on the health thread.

But, you are just dogging the anti vaccine posts with the amo you have I guess which isn't any different from the amo she has, it's from google as well just with your interpretation and opinion attached to it like everyone else.
Science involves a hypothesis, something like this: If we kill the hpv virus off then woman won't get cervical cancer. Now we are all in the midst of the experiment. We will all have to wait for the conclusion. Even you.

How you both attain info on hpv is a different thread as well, it really isn't the topic it's just that you disagree. Neither of you know any thing for sure.

That is the only FACT on here. That is why this is such a hot debate topic and will continue to be for the next 30 years. Until there is proof of something.

I'm going with ivorytickler for 100 Bill!!!

Last edited by PoppySead; 02-03-2012 at 09:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting