U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 AM

51,391 posts, read 50,668,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
Very closeminded statement, and you know what? Not everyone believes in God. So shove it and get off the high horse.

I am for gays and single women having children as long as they can financially and emotionally support them.So sad to see people have these warped fifties views in this day and age.
System only let me rep you once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 AM

14,212 posts, read 9,636,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The problem with your "logic" is that EVERY baby needs a father whether the mom thinks so or not

What might be "right" for a woman could be very wrong for a child.

Oh, but I guess you come from the belief that children have no rights?
No they don't lol....a child needs loving figures in their life. But this belief that we need certain genders to learn certain things is BS.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Just don't do this!

I am that child. Thirty years ago my mother decided that she too wanted a baby. She was a successful, intelligent woman who didn't need a man to raise a child! So she picked an undeserving man to become the unsuspecting sperm donor.

I still resent her for that choice. I still resent having to face the world alone with no siblings and a huge burden of looking after her by myself. She never found a man to marry and she has become very needy. She thinks that I owe her my time since she raised me. She thinks that I should take time away from my own family (husband & kids) in order to entertain her. I can never meet her expectations, and, frankly, I resent her for neediness. It's not my fault she doesn't have a husband with whom she can spend her time. It's not my fault she has no real relationship with family members. She expects me to be her EVERYTHING and that's a role I can't fill.

Please don't do this to your child. Build your own relationships. A child is a lot of work and not just a cute accessory. I am married and have plenty of resources and my children still take a lot out of me. I can't imagine doing it alone. Stuff happens and children are born without fathers, but it shouldn't be done purposefully IMO.

All children deserve a father. My kids ADORE their father and he adores them. Look up the statistics of fatherless children. I am the exception to the rule in terms of outcome.
No, you are someone with a dysfunctional mother who probably would have been the same had she gotten married or not. You are balled up with resentment that you do not know if you would have if she had been normal.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ain't that much strong will in the world. My mom is THE strongest person I know, and she raised my brother and I without a father (he died when I was weeks old). And while she did the best she could, she couldn't fully raise us as men - she couldn't teach us how to live our lives as men. No woman can.
Somehow i can't imagine what special magic one gender if going to be able to teach you that another can't.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You need a yenta.

Seriously. If you have no interest in being a single mom then DO NOT DO IT. You will be forever unhappy. (Stop and think for a moment of the effect this has on a child.)

Concentrate on dating. Ask around. Join an online service. Find some nice yenta (matchmaker) who has a nephew who would be perfect for you. Forget the yearning desire to be pregnant and give birth and concentrate on the husband first.

There's no shame in asking for a few introductions and letting your friends know you are available for serious dating. Many of us are here because someone said to our parents, "Have I got a girl (or guy) for you!"
My best friend sashas mother did just that and i would pretty much disagree with you.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,385,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
My best friend sashas mother did just that and i would pretty much disagree with you.
The OP posted a video of a young couple having a baby and said THAT is what she really wants. The OP told us she wants a husband/boyfriend and all that goes with it.

If that's what she really wants she needs to start dating or doing something to meet eligable men. Simple. My advice for this particular situation.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,938,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think for me, I know so many single moms (ALL the woman in my family raised kids as single parents and many of my friends grew up that) that its just normal to me. I think having a spouse is a bonus/luxury these days.

I however, was raised with two parents but my mom did a much larger percentage of the work (like 80/20).
Wow. Never heard husbands referred to as a "luxury." Love it!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 AM

3,866 posts, read 7,077,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Wow. Never heard husbands referred to as a "luxury." Love it!
Well, its kinda true when you think of it. We all want the most ideal situation but only few will actually get it. Hell, I'm happily married and I know my situation is not the most ideal at the moment.

Anybody can get pregnant and have a baby but not everyone will have the opportunity to find a suitable mate and marry. And even the ones that due are not guaranteed a happily ever after. Life is just not that simple.

We have to work with the cards we're dealt and make things happen for ourselves.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No they don't lol....a child needs loving figures in their life. But this belief that we need certain genders to learn certain things is BS.
No, it is not. A woman can be the best parent - I know, I had a single mom - but she can't teach boys to be men.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Somehow i can't imagine what special magic one gender if going to be able to teach you that another can't.
Then you can't imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or