Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 AM

147 posts, read 411,798 times

Advertisements

I understand if it is an all girl or all boy party. But for a Kindergartner, is it ok to invite all the boys and some girls but not all girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I don't think there is any requirement to invite a whole classroom to a bday party UNLESS the invitations are brought to school and passed out. No one should be excluded in such circumstances but if invites are mailed either snail or e mail then NO not every kid should be invited. We always took cake and favors to the school-with prior arrangements with teacher- and had refreshments there. This way no one is excluded, and no one has to bring a gift.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
If you are inviting 3/4 of the class, you might as well invite the whole class IMO.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't think there is any requirement to invite a whole classroom to a bday party UNLESS the invitations are brought to school and passed out.

Agreed!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy View Post
I understand if it is an all girl or all boy party. But for a Kindergartner, is it ok to invite all the boys and some girls but not all girls?

Our parties at home were limited to family and neighborhood children. Celebration at school was treats and refreshments for the entire class. No hurt feelings or exclusions either way.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
Quote:
I don't think there is any requirement to invite a whole classroom to a bday party UNLESS the invitations are brought to school and passed out. No one should be excluded in such circumstances but if invites are mailed either snail or e mail then NO not every kid should be invited. We always took cake and favors to the school-with prior arrangements with teacher- and had refreshments there. This way no one is excluded, and no one has to bring a gift.
You sound very wise....I agree with you

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM

147 posts, read 411,798 times
Kids talk and my daughter was hurt when this boy told her she was not invited but other girls were. I told her it's not a big deal and she kinda shrugged it off.

She is a sensitive kid and I think because I didn't make a big deal out of it, she was fine too. I don't really care if my daughter was invited or not but don't talk about it. But then they are only 5/6....

Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 AM

356 posts, read 916,762 times
I think it is ok as long as you don't hand out the invitations at school.

Out of consideration for the girls' feelings, you may want to look at what "some girls" is in proportion to the class. If "some girls" is 1/3 of the girls or less, you should have no problems. If "some girls" is more than 1/2 the girls in the class, then maybe you should invite them all if you are able.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:45 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy View Post
Never feel obligated to invite all the kids.
Privately, maybe via email or something, send out invitations to the kids parents.

When I have kids, I will ask my child who they want to come and those people will be invited, I am not going to invite an entire class of 30 5 year olds that I have to pay to feed and give party favors to and watch and keep in control.

If someone doesn't like it then they can use it like a learning opportunity that life isn't fair and that other people don't have to be forced to like everyone.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:56 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting