U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 04:32 PM

24,474 posts, read 28,767,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
If you think the federal government should meddle in things like birth control due to personal choices, OK, let us go that way. Why not the federal government mandate then that anytime a child want to have access for birth control it sends a bill to the parents for what was provided to them, not the taxpayer being the one paying for it? Take care.
Let me guess... you're a male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,758,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Let me guess... you're a male.
It does not matter what I am. There are many women that have expressed the same sentiment I did. Also, by asking the question does not contribute anything to the subjecty either way. I believe it falls under a fallacy according to some logic subject. Care to present something that is truly enlightening for or against the poinst expressed instead of asking an irrelevant question? Take care.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
It does not matter what I am. There are many women that have expressed the same sentiment I did. Also, by asking the question does not contribute anything to the subjecty either way. I believe it falls under a fallacy according to some logic subject. Care to present something that is truly enlightening for or against the poinst expressed instead of asking an irrelevant question? Take care.
I've presented plenty of info in this thread. You can read it if you care to. I actually never said that teens should have unlimited access to fee BC, which seems to be what you think I said. Go read my post that you responded to again. I simply pointed out that there are 2 issues, access, and money. I didn't state my opinion on either of the 2.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I've presented plenty of info in this thread. You can read it if you care to. I actually never said that teens should have unlimited access to fee BC, which seems to be what you think I said. Go read my post that you responded to again. I simply pointed out that there are 2 issues, access, and money. I didn't state my opinion on either of the 2.
I know you have, sadly you it seems your emotions took over by simply replying your guess that I am a male. Not much there. I never said anything along the lines that you said they should get unlimited access, have I? Being that the case it is irrelevant why you replied as if I make such claim.

I did replied to access and money and how to handle it. Take care.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I know you have, sadly you it seems your emotions took over by simply replying your guess that I am a male. Not much there. I never said anything along the lines that you said they should get unlimited access, have I? Being that the case it is irrelevant why you replied as if I make such claim.

I did replied to access and money and how to handle it. Take care.
oh no! not EMOTION! Any woman who considers BC anything other than health care is not looking out for her own best interest. It is easier for a man to consider it so since they aren't the one's getting pregnant.

In your scenario, a teen goes to get BC and the bill gets sent to her parents. Totally pointless. She's probably on her parent's insurance and could get it with only a copay.

You are obviously more worried about your precious taxes going toward a $20 pack of pills than you are about the teen having access. I'm not sure why you picked my post to respond to since you made up your own scenario anyway.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
oh no! not EMOTION! Any woman who considers BC anything other than health care is not looking out for her own best interest. It is easier for a man to consider it so since they aren't the one's getting pregnant.

In your scenario, a teen goes to get BC and the bill gets sent to her parents. Totally pointless. She's probably on her parent's insurance and could get it with only a copay.

You are obviously more worried about your precious taxes going toward a $20 pack of pills than you are about the teen having access. I'm not sure why you picked my post to respond to since you made up your own scenario anyway.
Not pointless because birth control is not available to all teens, thus the accessibility some claim is necessary for the government to make it possible.

Now, as far as the woman things, irrelevant. I do not know if you are one. Emotions is part of the make up of men and women.

Of course I and many thousands of men and women out there work hard for their money and the taxes we pay. Nothing wrong with that. I made up a scenarion as an example. Did you read the part when I said if the government is going to be included then I suggested what I think can be done? Take care.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 PM

295 posts, read 471,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Do you think it should be all restricted to the point of parental consent, or should teens be allowed complete free access?
i feel by the age of 13 a teen should have access to BC both over the counter and script with out a parents ageement. but they should mandate they attend a class about BC and STDS before they purchase.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:19 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,627,254 times
Quote:
Don't hit yourself on the head so much, it blurs the mental afficiency.

The Constitution was written over 200 years ago but certain principle apply today as they applied before. Because birth control did not exist then it does not negate the principle of the tenth ammendment i.e. whatever was not enumerated for the federal government belongs to the states. So what part is complicated for you? The states are the ones with such responsibilies and that makes sense because out there they are closer to the communities and they decide as a community what they think is best for them. Be easy on your head, please. Take care.
Except it is enumerated to the federal government my friend :-).

Old 02-14-2012, 04:03 PM

5,953 posts, read 6,387,675 times
i think since the constitution is so outdated we should go by it for the new things in society that are changing.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM

15,762 posts, read 13,195,357 times
Parents do not own their children. Therefore those children have the right to obtain birth control.

They also have the right to pay for said birth control, or go to one of the many already established clinics, etc, that give out free birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or