Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 AM

428 posts, read 487,197 times

Advertisements

They are selfish parents, plain and simple. You don't keep having babies that you're older children will be forced to take care of. And you don't risk leaving your children without a mother just so you can beat a world record for pregnancies or whatever the hell Michelle is trying to accomplish here.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
She will keep getting pregnant until it kills her or until she has several severly handicapped children.....and then they will be forced to go on the public dole to care for them.

Disgusting and selfish, IMO.
i doubt it there, since I'm sure they have made plenty from TLC, speaking tours and books.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
you are correct breastfeeding does inhibit pregnancy.
I am glad you said inhibit.For anyone reading this thread and getting the idea that breastfeeding will prevent pregnancy, that is not entirely correct. For the best protection against pregnancy you would need to be exclusively breastfeeding 24/7, without giving supplemental formula or baby food. Even then it is still possible to become pregnant.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_can-i-...eeding_7093.bc

Can I get pregnant while breastfeeding? Yes. In general, you're less fertile, but not infertile, while breastfeeding. Although you may not menstruate for months after giving birth, your body usually releases its first postpartum egg before you get your first period. So you won't know you've ovulated until two weeks later — when you menstruate....the more often your baby nurses, the longer it may be before you get your period again. Experts believe this is because breastfeeding curbs the hormones that trigger ovulation. But remember, you could start ovulating again at any time after three months of lactation, and you probably won't know when it happens. If you want to make sure you don't get pregnant, use some form of birth control every time you have sex.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Large families are a lot more common, and normal, than many people here think
I agree with this. I don't think 12-14 kids are as common as they once were but in my area I see many families with 5, 6, 7 children. It's not unusual at all.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I agree, she's pushed what 20 babies out of her....its time to give her body a break, I am surprised her uterus hasn't just slipped out by now.
You probably meant to be hyperbolic, but this actually happens. I think it happened when I was born, and I was only number 4. A prolapsed uterus requires surgery, sometimes removal, but women can still have children after it is corrected.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Let's focus on the Duggars as an example of one type of parenting. There is a busy thread about them over on the Entertainment forum if you want to discuss them as celebrities. Thanks!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I can't believe so many people care what two grown people choose to do with their bodies- two grown people who are financially responsible for themselves and raise their family with no handouts and who seem to have children who are smart, well mannered and and do good things for those in their community.

Meh, I could care less what they choose for themselves. They know what is best for their family, who am I to think I know what is better for them than what they know?
I've caught the show a few times - I haven't seen well behaved children, and they dont seem overly bright or well educated wither, IMO. Nor have I seen them doing good things for those in their community (?) other than those staged for the television show....

Old 02-15-2012, 02:02 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I can't stand this family. Seems the older kids take care of the younger ones, and seriously of course they can support themselves...I could support 20 kids too if I had a TV show, book deals, whatever else these people do to cash in. Sure, it's their right to have as many kids as they want. Doesn't mean they should or that it's the responsible thing to do.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:59 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,441,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Once the immigration slows down we will be in the same predicament as europe is.
For the short-term.
For the long-term , decreasing population is the ONLY answer there is.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM

253 posts, read 558,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I think what they are doing is great. Doing what comes natural and having children. Large families were a norm 70 years ago...to bad they still aren't.
Long ago she may have died with her second pregnancy (she developed preclampsia), preclampsia is very dangerous and wasn't even discovered until the end of the 19th century. Add that to all the unsanitary conditions and lack of medical comforts...I'm sure she'd be pushing Jim Bob away a lot more. Some people don't see the signs God gives them even though the rest of the world can, these people should not be breeding they way they do, they are extremely ignorant.

Last edited by janacanada; 02-15-2012 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting