Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times

Advertisements

My little sister lives with me primarily and she gets fed breakfast every morning whether she wants it or not :d.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
My little sister lives with me primarily and she gets fed breakfast every morning whether she wants it or not :d.
But don't you wish that you still had someone who provided breakfast and made you eat every morning? LOL

The good ole days.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM

869 posts, read 1,494,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Well at that age you should make sure he DOES eat, whether you adjust it to where he eats a little after waking up or a hour or whatever.

The kids I used to nanny for were only quiet when they ate so it was nice to feed them in the am and finish getting ready in the kitchen LOL.
He does eat. Just not breakfast sometimes. He takes a multivitamin in the morning because like most toddlers he doesnt eat if he doesnt want to. He isnt going to starve himself to death, he will eat when hes hungry. But forcefeeding children causes lots of issues. If he doesnt clean his plate then he isnt hungry, i know the difference between im full and i want to play. If he doesnt eat breakfast then he has a piece of fruit for snack to make sure his belly isnt empty. Fighting with a four year old isnt worth it, he cries i yell and sometimes nothing even happens.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
But don't you wish that you still had someone who provided breakfast and made you eat every morning? LOL

The good ole days.
No because my father is an awful cook

Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidkitty View Post
no because my father is an awful cook
lmao.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
My mom never made us breakfast. We always had the option. I just never liked eating in the morning. Now sometimes Ill have a bagel or a granola bar but that's about it.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,918 times
Quote:
Some people are that way.
I am one of them. I will feel so sick if I eat when I get up.
I also could never eat in the AM before practice, I would throw up.

Options for kids who don't like to eat breakfast:
-Carnation instant breakfast. (I love the vanilla.)
-Fruit like orange slices, peaches, grapes.
-Toast with something like cinnamon sugar, jelly, butter.

All things I was totally fine with eating in the am.

When I have kids if they are anything like me, I'll have to keep note of what worked for me so I can try it.
All those options seem like too much sugar, IMO.

I usu. give BabyGirl (21 months) a little bit to wake up. She us gets some type of warm cereal (Baby Gerber stuff) with some warmed up milk, maybe an egg with some cheese, a bit of cheese, or whole grain bred with some PB. Oh and a cut up prune or two to keep tyings moving...

If we're headed out the door , she'll get some cereal in her snack cup or a drinkable yougurt (or something a yougurt watered down with milk) in her sippy/straw cup.

Sometimes she eats, sometimes she doens't but she's in the habit of sitting down in her high chair for breakfast even if thats just her picking at her food while Mommy has her coffee.....

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
Oldest DD is out of school - she can make her own food when she's hungry. I make dinner each evening... that is the only meal that I feel "obligated" to make for my family.

Son is 15. He eats breakfast and lunch at school, and dinner at home when he's here (otherwise, he eats at friends houses).

Youngest DD gets breakfast made by me each morning before school. (Toast, fruit, eggos, cereal, etc...).

My schedule is crazy right now, so I am only around to make dinner.

Weekend breakfasts are hit and miss. Sometimes I'll whip out pancakes and such - other times, they make their own cereal or whatever.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 AM

17,372 posts, read 16,518,282 times
My kids eat breakfast every morning. While, I do make sure that they take at least a few bites of whatever is served, I don't make them clean their plates.

I'll probably insist that they eat breakfast even when they are in middle/high school because I think it helps them to better concentrate in school.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:05 PM

869 posts, read 1,494,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
All those options seem like too much sugar, IMO.

I usu. give BabyGirl (21 months) a little bit to wake up. She us gets some type of warm cereal (Baby Gerber stuff) with some warmed up milk, maybe an egg with some cheese, a bit of cheese, or whole grain bred with some PB. Oh and a cut up prune or two to keep tyings moving...

If we're headed out the door , she'll get some cereal in her snack cup or a drinkable yougurt (or something a yougurt watered down with milk) in her sippy/straw cup.

Sometimes she eats, sometimes she doens't but she's in the habit of sitting down in her high chair for breakfast even if thats just her picking at her food while Mommy has her coffee.....

Our pedi told us that if he isnt going to eat then to give him instant breakfast from carnation.

He used to be really picky and not eat really at all. He got bruises and circles under his eyes and looked really pale and sickly. The dr told us to give him Carnation instant breakfast and multivitamins everyday, Rx script, until his appetite picks up. He is healthy and normal now and eats a very healthy and varied diet but Carnation instant breakfast gives an amazing variety of nutrition and kids think its a milkshake, cheaper and just as good a pediasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting