Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 04:21 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
And also don't forget that some of these parents will be the first one to go screaming to the school when your child makes a foul, rude comment to their child and hurts their feelings. Schools nowdays (at least our schools) are intolerant of kids misbehaving and will give them detention/ suspension quite frequently. Believe me, I speak from experience as my daughter finishes up her 4th day of detention in her middle school.

Of course we have a whole host of other issues we are dealing with so my experiences are a bit out of the norm.
Oh wow hurt feelings.
Why can't people just let things roll right off and acknowledge that some people are rude and are just always going to be that way.

What a bunch of nancies.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh wow hurt feelings.
Why can't people just let things roll right off and acknowledge that some people are rude and are just always going to be that way.

What a bunch of nancies.
Here in NJ at least, schools are very antibully and incidents are taken very seriously by the school. If a mean comment is made to another student and this is reported, the "bully" or person making rude/mean comments is going to have swift action taken with an investigation and subsequent punishments. Parents are also pretty active and quick to call the school. There really is a no tolerance these days. The Clementi case (the 18 year old Rutgers student who jumped off the GW bridge because of the cyber bullying) is in the newspaper every day. Our middle school has a very low tolerance threshold for anything and disrespectful or bad behavior is not tolerated.

Unfortunately if you do have a child that acts up, be prepared to get calls very frequently from school.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Yes, yet another program for people to go report happy over.
These programs to help with child abuse or bullying are great in theory but you have people who abuse them, usually nancies who are easily offended by anything or report happy people who think everything besides what they would do is abuse.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Yes, yet another program for people to go report happy over.
These programs to help with child abuse or bullying are great in theory but you have people who abuse them, usually nancies who are easily offended by anything or report happy people who think everything besides what they would do is abuse.

i am hoping you will learn some parenting techniques from some of these posters for the day you get older and start your own family

Old 03-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i am hoping you will learn some parenting techniques from some of these posters for the day you get older and start your own family
You really don't think there is something wrong with our society today?
We literally have a number for everything, to report something and they are all over used and abused and everyone is so sensitive and they over report and they don't know where to draw the line.

We're not teaching kids how to be tougher and deal with people who hurt their feelings, we're just breeding more reporters who will report people for everything that makes them unhappy.

We're teaching children that everything is happy bubbly nice feelings and when they find out its not they don't know how to cope.

What happened to telling people to suck it up and that sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like or who annoy you?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
You really don't think there is something wrong with our society today?
We literally have a number for everything, to report something and they are all over used and abused and everyone is so sensitive and they over report and they don't know where to draw the line.

We're not teaching kids how to be tougher and deal with people who hurt their feelings, we're just breeding more reporters who will report people for everything that makes them unhappy.

We're teaching children that everything is happy bubbly nice feelings and when they find out its not they don't know how to cope.

What happened to telling people to suck it up and that sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like or who annoy you?
Oh heavens to murgatroyd, the irony.

There's nothing wrong with teaching children that civility is the better road to take. There are a few adults that could use a little no tolerance for abuse policy themselves. Might make for some less vileness in the world.

So while I don't necessarily agree with some of the OP's sentiment on this issue, the less rude and sullen behavior around the better. I for one am tired of it.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh heavens to murgatroyd, the irony.

There's nothing wrong with teaching children that civility is the better road to take. There are a few adults that could use a little no tolerance for abuse policy themselves. Might make for some less vileness in the world.

So while I don't necessarily agree with some of the OP's sentiment on this issue, the less rude and sullen behavior around the better. I for one am tired of it.
Why can't we just accept some people are going to be dillholes?
I've been called many names before and I was able to realise that the people calling me names were dillholes, they weren't good people and at the end of the day I wasn't them, I was me, someone who wasn't completely braindead.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
dillholes?
Seriously? Is this public discourse even among small children these days?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Seriously? Is this public discourse even among small children these days?
Ok can't we all accept that some people will be meanie pooheads?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Ok can't we all accept that some people will be meanie pooheads?
I wish you could just be gone. I wonder if you have ever offered anything useful.

I probably just broke all kids of rules of engagement in this board. But some days I can't keep my mouth shut. You have no role here but to provoke and be profane it seems to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting