Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach4400 View Post
My son is quite crazy whilst in the company of other children , it's like he just can't handle the excitement / adrenaline pumping through his veins!! He becomes almost delirious at times!! The noise level in the way of squealing - shouting etc is constant and draining... He does mad things to grab anyone's attention any which way he can -being the first to laugh at himself!! He is 4 and starts school in Sept. It's so hard to be in the company of others and keep him from causing a manic/hypo situation amongst all the children. How do we calm him down or get through to him at this very difficult age????
It is hard to say without knowing why he is that way. My son gets excited and bounces from one activity to another when we have other kids over. It turns out he has sensory processing disorder. I used to think it was ADHD, but so far it apparently isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
That is very typical of a 4 year old.

That's the age they start making friends and wanting to fit in socially. The natural way I think to fit in socially is to imitate others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting