Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yes, but at the same time, this is a difficult time in young people's lives.

Let me use myself as an example. I know things are a two way street BUT
I just spent 18 years of my life living for someone else, living the way they wanted me to, so my way of thinking, aren't these years after turning 18 mine to get settled to my own life with? Isn't it MY time to start my own life and do things for myself instead of what someone else tells me I should do?

I know that inherently seems self centered but once your an adult if you don't start living your life for your self and the way you want to live it then is it any life worth living if its always dictated by someone else?
Honestly. No one is arguing this. The 20 yo should still be considerate of his mother and others. Live your life however the heck you want just be thoughtful. It's not that complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Honestly. No one is arguing this. The 20 yo should still be considerate of his mother and others. Live your life however the heck you want to just be thoughtful. It's not that complicated.
You're missing what I am saying.
It's a hard time in some peoples lives. To focus on building yourself and even others who are so far away. You kinda gotta stay on them and there for them because eventually they'll work things out..

Its like patting your head and rubbing your stomach, two things at once, when you first start off you don't quite have the hang of it but you get into the groove after a little.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
It's a hard time in some peoples lives. To focus on building yourself and even others who are so far away. You kinda gotta stay on them and there for them because eventually they'll work things out..

Its like patting your head and rubbing your stomach, two things at once, when you first start off you don't quite have the hang of it but you get into the groove after a little.
I'm not missing what you're saying. I'm staying on topic. The post was about the 20 yo who couldn't be bothered to take the time to keep in touch with his mother. If I recall, she wasn't complaining about him wanting to live his own life and make his own decisions. By 20, a person should understand the basics of consideration. At least most of the time.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
boys age is the time where everyone kind of disconnects and tries to make who they are as an adult.
That is no excuse for rudeness, a lack of consideration for others and an appalling lack of manners.

Except perhaps, again, to you and your friends.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That is no excuse for rudeness and an appalling lack of manners.

Except perhaps, again, to you and your friends.
I actually have no friends. I got rid of them....no not THAT way...I just stopped talking to them.
TG is my only friend and he is very considerate.

So pffffffffffft

Can I call you DewDew?

LOL I actually LOL'd.

Ok im getting back on topic, I don't wanna get banned.
Please excuse the sugar high and back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
I've decided that my son is txtqueen in drag.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by book lover 21 View Post
i've decided that my son is txtqueen in drag. :d
lol.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM

I do have some good points though.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM

426 posts, read 791,578 times
Quote:

If all this you say is true about "your" generation, then we all are in a bunch of do-do!!!

He is being disrespectful. You can still "find yourself" and show consideration to someone who cares and loves you regardless of age.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
Quote:
I do have some good points though.
Don't get me wrong. If I had to choose one person to be stranded with on a desert island with(no, not like that), my son would be up at the top of the list behind my hubby. He's funny, interesting, polite, easy-going, I could go on and on.

Don't take this the wrong way Queen, you know I love ya.

But like my son, when confronted with a flaw or issue, you tend to offer up excuses instead of reasons. Like the thank-you card thing. It would be better if you just stood up and said, "This is an antiquated practice for most people of my generation. It's like leaving your calling card when visiting neighbors in the 19th century. Ya'll are behind the times." I think this would have been easier to accept for most than the cost breakdown.

People find money for their top priorities. I have a fantabulous wine collection that a lot of people would find extravagant. I don't make apologies for it, I say, "This is my priority, you go find yours."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting