Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Perineal Tear...
Oh, I had that. I thought it was a tear related to your not having had drugs and I couldn't figure out what that could be. Yes, that tearing is a awful pain, especially when you have to urinate and it stings like heck.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,915,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I say this over and over and over again but---
Just because you can give birth doesn't mean you should be put up on a pedestal.

There are whiners in the world. That's just a fact we have to accept---in birthing and all other matters in life.

But I think we should put ourselves on a pedestal. Birthing is what makes us women, the major difference between us and men. Why not be proud and boast or brag or whine or moan over this entirely unique passage of life?

But yes, some people are troopers in life and some are whiners. People have different temperments in life, and it definately transfers over to birthing. However, I think a lot of us want to talk about our labors because it is such a profound experience. It's our magnum opus, and yet soon the world forgets about it and we are left with sleep deprevation, dirty diapers and crying fits that won't be solved for anything.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:28 AM

64 posts, read 189,730 times
I got an epidural. I just felt some pressure when my body told me it was time to push, and a.... strange suction feeling, I guess, when she came out. The contractions didn't hurt toooo bad before I got the epi, kinda like I had some bad sushi.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolkat View Post
I got an epidural. I just felt some pressure when my body told me it was time to push, and a.... strange suction feeling, I guess, when she came out. The contractions didn't hurt toooo bad before I got the epi, kinda like I had some bad sushi.

After my horrible delivery everyone told me to have an epidural... so, with my second I was having awful contractions that seemed wouldn't stop... SO I decided it would probably be in my best interest after the images and memory of the first delivery. I sat through that darn needle why I had contraction after contraction... it is really hard to sit still while you are having them-- I mean THAT still... anyway- my contractions hurried along SO quickly that the epidural didn't even have time to work comepletely. it is actually comical when looking back- but it only numbed my left leg up to my mid thigh... I felt every contraction... but couldn't hold my leg up.. . there was a nurse there JUST to hold my leg LOL Really, not funny at the time- I was more ticked off than anything that it didn't work and I went through the drama of actually getting the darn thing in my back... but now- when I picture the whole situation I tend to laugh at the irony of it all...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
But I think we should put ourselves on a pedestal. Birthing is what makes us women, the major difference between us and men. Why not be proud and boast or brag or whine or moan over this entirely unique passage of life?

But yes, some people are troopers in life and some are whiners. People have different temperments in life, and it definately transfers over to birthing. However, I think a lot of us want to talk about our labors because it is such a profound experience. It's our magnum opus, and yet soon the world forgets about it and we are left with sleep deprevation, dirty diapers and crying fits that won't be solved for anything.
Talking about it is one thing. Expecting everyone to bow down to you just because you can do the thing that --might I bluntly point out---many other women and any female mammal can do is another. Birthing is a miracle. The magnitude of it should never be diminished. Miracles don't give us an excuse to act like spoilt brats.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,752 times
I have two kids and had epis with both. Didn't feel a thing. Contractions are what get ya though. Man those hurt!! I'm having my third and I'm gonna do hypnobirthing and I'm super excited!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Default no it was just blunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
crazyma, that's disturbingly unempathic, judgmental, and presumptuous.

No one can know what level of labor pain other women are feeling. Calling other mothers "whiners" is offensive.

I said it depends on a woman's individual threshold of pain.........Let me rephrase it then-

and some women are troopers and some are itches with a captial B........

there is that better??????

Sorry, I am not PC.
just calling like I see it.

BTW -referring to 'regular' childbirth, as the OP asked about giving birth..not childbirth with complications

Last edited by crazyma; 06-24-2008 at 09:45 AM..

Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I said it depends on a woman's individual threshold of pain.........

and some women are troopers and some are itches with a captial B........

there is that better??????

just calling like I see it sweetie
I don't classify myself as a whiner or an "-itch"... however, I do find your comment offensive... please go here and read what I had to go through after childbirth... Fourth Degree Perineal Tear... created a longer stay in the hospital, difficulties after childbirth, complications, and MUCH longer recovery time... then perhaps you will think about other people's birthing experiences in a different light... this is not to be seen as a complaint but perhaps as a method to help you understand other's pain... literal pain.

MCPC - Repair of vaginal and perineal tears

Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I don't classify myself as a whiner or an "-itch"... however, I do find your comment offensive... please go here and read what I had to go through after childbirth... Fourth Degree Perineal Tear... created a longer stay in the hospital, difficulties after childbirth, complications, and MUCH longer recovery time... then perhaps you will think about other people's birthing experiences in a different light... this is not to be seen as a complaint but perhaps as a method to help you understand other's pain... literal pain.

MCPC - Repair of vaginal and perineal tears
Oh God, that sounds awful. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Oh God, that sounds awful. I'm sorry that happened to you.
I am fine now... I was just proving a point... at times, one "whines"/cries in pain... not to be a pain...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting