U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,071,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
Respectfully, I disagree with not thinking much in terms of gender. I am not one to teach being overly boyish, but he just naturally is just drawn toward all "boy" activities and interests. He is acutely aware of the differences right now, I mean he wants nothing to do with girly toys and just thinks girls are yucky right now. Its all about gender awareness. Every other word is pee, caca, or fart and goes into giggling fits everytime he hears those words...as do all his little friends. The not gender awareness stage pretty much ends between 3 and 4.
He is also surrounded in school by other little boys who act similar which will have major affect on his views on gender as well . Of course parents views play a key role in things but gender is far more complex we are beginning to find out then previously thought. I am really don't believe we come to full terms of it until well into our teenage years.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,859,725 times
Quote:
Yes, it was 2 different boys and the second boy is the persistent one. Sorry for the confusion,
I don't really understand so I'm asking to be clear. Are you concerned because your boy is beautiful and it was more than one it will happen ongoing to him or often?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 PM

Anyway for the OP the way you handled it was fine. He told the boy to stop, and if he continues he knows to go to a teacher who will deal with it. It sounds because 2 boys did it that this is some silly thing going around kindergarten is all.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM

174 posts, read 282,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidkitty View Post
oh yes it's absolutely terrifying of course

yes!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM

174 posts, read 282,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I don't really understand so I'm asking to be clear. Are you concerned because your boy is beautiful and it was more than one it will happen ongoing to him or often?

The main point of my thread was not about my son being beautiful, that was only one of my reasonings for why he is being kissed by boys. I'm a 5th grade teacher, and boy kissing boys at school even in Kinder is not typical. I just wasn't sure at what level of attention I should give this situation. But after reading all these comments and mulling it over, I'm quite sure I handled it in the most positive way possible.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
The main point of my thread was not about my son being beautiful, that was only one of my reasonings for why he is being kissed by boys. I'm a 5th grade teacher, and boy kissing boys at school even in Kinder is not typical. I just wasn't sure at what level of attention I should give this situation. But after reading all these comments and mulling it over, I'm quite sure I handled it in the most positive way possible.
Yes, I believe you did a great job as I posted previously. I was just making sure we answered your concerns. I wasn't sure if you were asking about an isolated event (which we were addressing) or concerned with attention he might get in general because of his looks.
Poor little thing, I think kindergarten will pale in comparison for you when he hits Jr. High. lol When all the love starts to blossom. If he is a beautiful kid you will have to get him some anti girl gear. Girls attention can be scarier than boys.
Kidding of course. Glad you got your answers.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 AM

973 posts, read 1,853,671 times
Funny, in k I used to chase down and kiss this boy who grew up to be, literally, a foot shorter than me. Lol it's ironic how life works. I'm female and 5'10".

Fast forward, my girl is one of the oldest in her 1st grade class, she's a head taller than most, and, boy, do she and her bestie, also older, and tall, but not like my girl, 'rule the roust'. As I say. So different from my elementary days. I was the tall, skinny, smart kid who was picked on. The boys, and many girls, just crowd around my daughter, and her bestie. I volunteer, a lot, and watch. Lol My Bella was always stopped in stores as a baby and toddler for her huge grey eyes, and lashes. She's now brown eyed and blonde haired. Lol

She's been kissed and told her closest male friend has a 'crush' on her. When she asked me what a 'crush' was, I so knew who, and the answer. Lol she had a sleepover b-day party with said boy since then. He lives across the street with a girlfriend of mine.

My daughter and her bestie, next door neighbor best friend, hold hands walking to school, and hug each other all the time. Girls just seem to have different rules than boys. I'm not saying I'd feel different, just what I see.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Who can say as kids do really weird things. I mean it is possible the little boy has a crush on your boy as well.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
Funny, in k I used to chase down and kiss this boy who grew up to be, literally, a foot shorter than me. Lol it's ironic how life works. I'm female and 5'10".

Fast forward, my girl is one of the oldest in her 1st grade class, she's a head taller than most, and, boy, do she and her bestie, also older, and tall, but not like my girl, 'rule the roust'. As I say. So different from my elementary days. I was the tall, skinny, smart kid who was picked on. The boys, and many girls, just crowd around my daughter, and her bestie. I volunteer, a lot, and watch. Lol My Bella was always stopped in stores as a baby and toddler for her huge grey eyes, and lashes. She's now brown eyed and blonde haired. Lol

She's been kissed and told her closest male friend has a 'crush' on her. When she asked me what a 'crush' was, I so knew who, and the answer. Lol she had a sleepover b-day party with said boy since then. He lives across the street with a girlfriend of mine.

My daughter and her bestie, next door neighbor best friend, hold hands walking to school, and hug each other all the time. Girls just seem to have different rules than boys. I'm not saying I'd feel different, just what I see.

It's generally viewed as an acceptable thing in society for girls to do that, and not for boys.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: fixed html

Old 03-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It's generally viewed as an acceptable thing in society for girls to do that, and not for boys.
That I find only true in some countries, America being one of them. In some Asian countries boys hold hands, hug and kiss their friends and like pink. It doesn't have anything at all to do with being gay. I don't mind it at all, I just think it's a parental issue.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: fixed html tag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or