Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM

283 posts, read 524,138 times

Advertisements

Thank you for a truly beautiful post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,348,680 times
Thanks. Being a full time working mom, I often feel pulled in numerous directions all the time. I hope my kids figure out someday, I am just doing my best. As my mother before me raised me to do.

I put it all in perspective one day... I went into a very successful meeting with some VPs a few years ago. After the meeting was over, I went into the washroom and found, that there was a big glop of oatmeal that my baby must have flung, caked onto the top edge of my glasses where I could not see it. No one even mentioned it during the meeting either. I just laughed... you can't be a good mom and be a clean mom.

Great post.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:51 AM

45 posts, read 261,606 times
Thanks for the great post!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 PM
proudmary

n/a posts
What a lovely and touching post. I have only one thing to add, which is to say that the work we do as parents can be seen by and also has an effect on others. I can tell when I meet people whether or not they had good parents. I can tell by their manners, whether or not they listen, how they shake a hand, hug, make eye contact and how they generally treat others, especially children and strangers. I have a friend who seems always to know the right thing to do and say, at the right times, and I have often told him that it's obvious that his mother raised him right. I've never met his mother, she is deceased. But I can see in him that he is very well bred. His mother did a wonderful job raising him with special values. He in turn is a wonderfully caring father, husband, friend, brother and citizen. It all comes full circle. The more we put into it, the more the world gets back.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Great post. Please never forget that there are a whole lot of us husbands who support you women who are the freakin' glue that holds our families together. You're not alone...although I know it can feel that way when we're not verbal enough with our support.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
This was a lovely post. I feel the same way most days...grind away, clean up, walk around worrying how I can work outside the home because I have to be the stay at home one (though we can't afford it). Worry about bills and money, yet be expected to keep it all together, do homework with a sulky, tired kid. Boost up husband and listen to his issues.

Wonder if I will ever be a 'person' again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting