Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Barbaric little monsters ring the necks of other human beings...keep your kid clear and safe of the mutant monkeys in the future. They are out there..not everyone is civilized...some people are mad animals and raise their kids to be the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I hope that in the interim months the OP has tried to do a better job teaching her child about boundaries and self respect. When someone tries to murder you the response should not be jumping on the phone and texting with your assailant.

Why the hell the girl did not immediately tell a teacher or go to the school nurse is simply baffling. Unless of course there are some aspects of the story that are not being reported accurately...

Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
What a great "friend".....I would not allow DD to hang out with a psycho like that for her own safety.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:06 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
OP....Hoping for an update??? What eventually happened to the girl who assaulted you daughter???

Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
Police. Restraining orders, lawsuits...

...This is what's wrong with this country. We always want other people to clean up our messes.

Let's get a couple of things straight. Everyone is calling this other girl a bully. This whole debacle started when your daughter pushed a boy in front of a moving swing. If I had been on that swing I would have been rightly terrified. Physics is physics and that boy was fortunate not to get hurt at all. The only thing that separates your daughter's bullying from the other girl's bullying was that your daughter was hurt and the young man wasn't.

Teenagers do stupid things. They've been doing stupid things since teenagers existed. They will continue to do stupid things long after we finally reach the stars. Involving others is simply going to traumatize two kids who were being kids. If your daughter is texting back and forth with this other girl, then this is obviously a bigger deal to you than it was to her.

I can understand limiting contact. But I'm really interested in how you will be punishing your daughter for her bullying.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,666 times
So you knew this girl was poorly behaved and had no parents gor all intents and purposes. U should have stopped ur daughter from socializing with her a long time ago. This was an incident waiting to happen. Exercise better judgemt about who u let ur daughter socialize with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Connection View Post
@REZFREAK

well... ever come across a parent who thinks their kid is right no matter what. better yet, REFUSES to EVER discipline her children! Several before me had approached the mother concerning the other daughter's behavior.
examples :cursing out a pool attendant for not allowing her to enter the pool as a minor after she lied and said she was much older.. After she SNUCK in while pool attendant was getting charcoal from hut.. She was not allowed in pool area for a week. The mother's response ( instead of teaching her daughter to be honest) "Those @$^#^$ !!! could have let you in!!!"

ANYONE who has ever approached the mother about anything concerning her kids has been told either "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!!" Or after asking to come in to talk about a matter concerning the child, will get a simple door slammed in their face !!

BTW. my daughter will no longer be allowed to associate with that girl again! i told her when you see her coming turn and go the other way !! ( although she did do that yesterday and the girl ran up on her INSISTING she talk!) luckily i was looking outside and asked my daughter while looking at bully "is everything alright?" then my daughter left with her other friends.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:38 PM

421 posts, read 880,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Connection View Post
My daughter is 13 years old. Her friend is 13. My daughter is 4'11. Her friend is 5'7.

2 days ago, the two of them were at the playround. There were 2 other friends there. My daughter in joking, pushed a boy in front of the swing while her friend was swinging. Not even enough to reach my daughter's friend. There was never any physical contact.

It was horse play. And my daughter should have used better judgement in case the boy did not get out the way. She was wrong. somone could have gotten hurt!!

My daughter's friend jumped off the swing and told my daughter "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!!!' again there was never any contact on either side. She grabbed my daughter from behind ( she towers over my daughter! ) and put my kid in a choke hold. (her arm bent around my daughter neck and restricting air from the windpipe) !!!! even though my daughter pleaded and begged her too, because she was in pain and felt dizzy like she was going to pass out!

Then the girl grabs my daughter by her THROAT, and throws her on the ground !!

It was so bad the other 2 kids ran over and asked if my daughter was alright. they later told me the story just as my daughter did. and were just as shocked about this girl's behavior. My daughter came home crying. She was terrified. She said "Mom i couldn't BREATHE !!!" And she was even more terrifed that she was thrown on the ground with such force! -By her neck. I looked at her throat and it was red. and red at her windpipe where this girl had her other arm in a fist hold over her windpipe.

My daughter is now having a text arguement with this girl. The girl INSISTS my daughter i making a mountain out of a mole hil. Saying it was not a big deal. repeatedly texting "STOP whining"! And says if my kid was hurt so bad, WHY was she outside the next day!!

Please give me your thoughts.This will help my daughter as well. She belives her friend is wrong. But confused becasue her friend is not taking responsibility. So my daughter is second guessing her feelings. My daughter need your help to to process this.

I already gave her my thoughts. I told her with regards to the girl choking my baby, " I am handing out behind whippins and lollipops! And tonight I am ALLLL out of lollipops!"

Thanks in advance!!

We really can't help you without being there.

It could have been just a matter of the taller girl not understanding how much the height difference contributes to the added power.

The "STOP whining!" comments are a little excessive, but nothing unusual.

I do believe that her comment, "if my kid was hurt so bad, WHY was she outside the next day!!" is instructive. If it was a serious injury, your daughter would be in the possible, not playing outside.

I wouldn't encourage your daughter to continue playing with her, but there's no reason to really get involved.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:19 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Thread is from April 2012. The issue has probably been resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting