Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 12:11 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times

Advertisements

The post is 3year old, The kid seem to have survived. ... Back on page 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:13 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Suspended for two days? I remember when kids did that to a girl at my school- I believe they got expelled and if not that then suspended for a very long time.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,237 times
Ok so this happened to my son 13-year-old son today in school after a PE lesson, he had his private parts exposed in front of the rest of the class. He is totally embarrassed and deeply upset at being humiliated in front of his class. So what should the punishment be for the other boy? Should he now be humiliated in the same way? What would you say if it happened in the street to a male or female is it worse? Isn't it a crime; indecent exposure? Let's face it kids are growing up a lot quicker these days.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
2018 and the "Me Too" movement to date. My 13 year g'son was PANTSED by a 13 year old classmate , a girl...every thing came down exposing his private to his peers during a presentation preparation. As a g'mother I am feeling so sorry for my g'boy. His mom is more pissed. The VP called her during a transaction at work. Oddly enough, the client she was helping at that moment was a juvenile counselor. She told my daughter, "Do you know that's a sexual assault!?" What do you think my daughter did? What would you do if this was your son?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
It's sexual assault, period.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
My 7th grade son is home today crying from embarrassment. A boy was dared to pull his pants down in the gym in front of all his classmates-boys and girls. Yes his underwear also came down.

The boy got two days suspension, but what should I do about my son.
Oh no. So hard for son. Nothing you do will make it better. Have a talk with him and find out what he wants. Offer him counseling if he wants to explore that. He will likely want to be left alone for awhile and stay in his room. Let him work through it. The embarrassment is fresh so not bringing it would help for a while.
He could take a few days off school. His teacher might offer you some insight.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:55 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Oh no. So hard for son. Nothing you do will make it better. Have a talk with him and find out what he wants. Offer him counseling if he wants to explore that. He will likely want to be left alone for awhile and stay in his room. Let him work through it. The embarrassment is fresh so not bringing it would help for a while.
He could take a few days off school. His teacher might offer you some insight.
The OP was from 2012. I am sure it had been resolved by now as that was 6 years ago.

Old 12-08-2018, 01:53 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
I got pantsed in middle school (early 80's) by one of my bullies while I was standing in front of pretty much the entire student body singing a solo. I was humiliated and thought I was going to die of embarrassment right there. The principal grabbed the offender and hauled him out of the assembly and shouted at me 'go on' and then shouted at the pianist to keep playing.

It was all I could do to keep from crying but I did finish the solo with a very red face.

I left the assembly as quickly as I could and locked myself in one of the bathrooms and cried. I splashed water on my face so that none of them could see I had been crying over them (or the pantsing) and walked back into the assembly smiling as if nothing had happened and joked about the moon coming out early in Syracuse that day.

It was painful to joke about but I guess it was my way of handling it. My 'pantser' got 2 days worth of detention and was made to apologize to me for it.

The school told my parents what happened but I shrugged it off and told them it wasn't a big deal. After a few days, it really didn't bother me and people had pretty much forgotten about it and had moved on to something else.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:15 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
The original post is from 2012 people.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
The original post is from 2012 people.
So? Post 274 is new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting