Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Possibly not for you but it is within my arsonal of Discipline.

love it,

I am a "pincher" myself, but that has bee discussed on another thread.

I am sorry if I am not a modern parent that say's "time out", That, I am sorry, I do not do, nor believe in.

I would have punished my child for breaking a bottle in a store, maybe 3 days in his room alone to think about what he did...

Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
JJ is gonna smack me. But I cannot help observe that the people who use corporal punishment tend to have bad language skills. Does that say anything?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
JJ is gonna smack me. But I cannot help observe that the people who use corporal punishment tend to have bad language skills. Does that say anything?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,368 times
Quote:
It says that you are comfortable with unfounded generalizations, which bear little on the matter at hand.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
I disclipined my kids whenever, wherever they did wrong, church, home, outings...If they acted up and was told one time...they knew what was next, every time.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 AM

400 posts, read 566,257 times
Quote:
I think you must be picking out a few. You and I seem to agree in many areas. I have said several times that I spank for certain things while my children are young and it is effective. Do you think I have poor language skills?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I disclipined my kids whenever, wherever they did wrong, church, home, outings...If they acted up and was told one time...they knew what was next, every time.
Agreed.

Though I don't believe the spanking is effective, I do think that disclipince must be consistent. You can't tell a young kid that you'll punish them when you get home...it loses all meaning. You have to respond in that moment

Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Has anyone ever seen that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Malcolm mouths off to his mother?

She stares at him for about 25 seconds...

Then she reaches out...

Stretches his body out over her knee...

Raises her hand and says....

"This is just to let you know I can STILL do this to you."

That's how you handle a child who disrespects you in public. You have to humiliate him (her) in public.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
This is totally your opinion and I could respect this although my view obviously differs. I can not say children which are not spanked turn out better or more kind etc etc just as I can not say those are turn out better. I know OF many from both sides! Note, each produced Great people as well plenty Nut Jobs. So to insinuate your child is Law abiding etc etc because he was not Spqnked holds very little weight. I am a product of spankings I too hold with a clear record,Law abiding, Masters Degree, and serve my country proud as a Unite d States Marine; OHH RAHH! I suppose my father believes A** Wh**ping(s) served me well as I am a Success.
Thank you for proving my point.

You just acknowledged that it is completely possible to raise responsible, kind, adults without hitting them as small children. Therefore there is no reason to hit.

And FYI, oorah or not, you aren't the only one with a graduate degree. Hitting children certainly has no positive correlation with education level.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
But this boy is obviously in pain, and very frustrated, and trying to voice his concerns about his mother's behavior. There is obviously some deep issues that his mother has contributed to, obvious by both their reactions. If my son was in this much turmoil, I would be seeking psychological help, and not the jerry springer kind.
He's a spoiled little jerk. Sometimes the best antidote is a good old-fashioned a** kicking. Not all problems can be resolved through conversations, therapy, and U.N. peace resolutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting