Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:41 PM

19 posts, read 15,358 times

Advertisements

the worst kids? My neighbors kid was kicking the soccer ball with his friend(they are 7 years old). He ran into the street to get the ball and I yelled at him "Dont go in the street chasing a ball you can get hurt. I even went to get the ball for him. His mother told me that I have nerve, dont I dare discipline her kids. Yet, she wasn't even watching her kids playing in the front yard right by the street where cars zoom by. She was inside eat bon bons or watching oprah If this happened to me when i was younger my father would have thanked the neighbor for looking out for me, and then got mad at me for running in the street chasing ball. Rant done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 12:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Lots of parents are idiots. The anti-parent, anti-discipline, and above all anti-spanking mentality has encouraged them to be even more idiotic than they would've been on their own, sadly.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybarboni View Post
the worst kids? My neighbors kid was kicking the soccer ball with his friend(they are 7 years old). He ran into the street to get the ball and I yelled at him "Dont go in the street chasing a ball you can get hurt. I even went to get the ball for him. His mother told me that I have nerve, dont I dare discipline her kids. Yet, she wasn't even watching her kids playing in the front yard right by the street where cars zoom by. She was inside eat bon bons or watching oprah If this happened to me when i was younger my father would have thanked the neighbor for looking out for me, and then got mad at me for running in the street chasing ball. Rant done.
You could always try to mind your own business so your feelings don't get hurt.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:05 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Our entitlement society and the promise of an American dream has people having children who should never have.
They want you to pay for their kids education, but don't dare speak to them unless it's blind praise for little billy.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
I dont think you were disciplining their child, just offering to assist them to keep them safe, but what makes their child "the worse kid"? There is a difference between being bad, and making poor choices. Running out in the street to chase a ball is a good example.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Biological Imperatives.

A parent is driven to have kids in the first place and get them to breeding age so the genes in them can perpetuate themselves ad infinitum.

Dedicating so much time, money and effort to a task requires a special kind of blind belief, and for homeopathic gene splicing and replicating, the donor "geneticists" must believe that their little hairless ape is the cutest, smartest, fastest, bestest, er... best. special soul in the universe and is eminently worthy of all their attention.

Just about everyone with kids does it; the ones who don't are called "child abusers".

Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Kid's and parents

some people think their kids can do no wrong, I know a lot of them and most of them also think their kids are their friends and treat them so.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM

19 posts, read 15,358 times
Makes me appreciate my dad that much more on Fathers Day. When I was younger I said to him " Hey buddy, whats going on".. Most parents today would giggle and chuckle. He said to me "Lets get something straight, Im not your buddy or your friend Im your father. Later in life when Im older and you have kids of your own then we can be friends". I always chuckle when I think of that!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybarboni View Post
When you, (and I) were younger, people cared about each other, and helped each other.

If my school called my mom for something I did, the principal would have whupped me, mom mom when she came to school, would whup me, and then the dreaded, "And wait till your father gets home", would have been stated.....

If one of the neighbors looking out for us, advised my mom, they prevented me from running our in the street, I wouldn't have to worry about it, I wouldn't be allowed outside for awhile, week, 2, 3, till my mom got over the fact I was so stupid as to try and get myself killed, and the neighbor had to stop me from doing something stupid...

It's different these days, many people don't care.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM

400 posts, read 566,084 times
I don't see how your question relates to your story. It doesn't sound like the two 7 year olds playing ball are "the worst kids" Did their mother call them angels?? I am confused. It just sounds like you were trying to help and no one said thank you so you got upset. Next time don't help, or don't expect a thank you.

I was leaving a party the other day with my kids and another lady was leaving with her daughter and baby at the same time. She stopped at her car and we kept on walking. We got to the end of the block and the other little girl (4) was running after us. We were about to cross the street so I stopped and asked her to go back to her mom. She would not. I tried to take her hand (to walk her back) and she pulled away. The mom called to us from nearly a block away "it's fine, don't worry about it!" Which I thought was sort of strange. So I ignored the little girl (It's not my job to make her do anything). But I waited to cross until the mom was successful in calling her back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting