U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM

223 posts, read 632,610 times

Advertisements

They're both on clearance at Target. I drive a Mazda 6 and it will likely stay in my car unless I had to put the car in the shop or something (husband drives a honda civic). The Roundabout is slimmer, which is a plus for a smaller car, but looks small overall. I have a long baby, in the 95th percentile for height, so that makes me lean towards the MyRide. We usually don't have too many other folks riding with us, usually only my husband and I and maybe one other person. Anyone have good input on these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,115,998 times
It depends on which specific models you see:

MyRide 65 : RF to 40#, then FF to 65#
MyRide 70: RF to 40#, then FF to 70#

Roundabout 50: RF to 35#, then FF to 50#
Roundabout 55: RF to 40#, then FF to 55#

But I think either way, you are better off with the MyRide based on your 95% child. When in doubt, ask at car-seat.org though! Here are some threads on your topic there:

Target sale: Roundabout, My ride or neither? - Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Vehicle & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums

Dimensions of RA 55 vs. MR 65? - Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Vehicle & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums

Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM

2,426 posts, read 5,045,673 times
Does the myride actually provide more leg room for the child? Maybe the reviews say? I have the roundabout and my friend has the myride and they are both really good seats. One thing to think of - the larger seat might prevent the front seat from being moved back. You do want to make sure there is enough room up front for the passenger and driver.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM

223 posts, read 632,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Does the myride actually provide more leg room for the child? Maybe the reviews say? I have the roundabout and my friend has the myride and they are both really good seats. One thing to think of - the larger seat might prevent the front seat from being moved back. You do want to make sure there is enough room up front for the passenger and driver.

That's a good point about the leg room. I measured and the myride is deeper and wider by a few inches each way.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 PM

100 posts, read 141,265 times
Depending on which models you are looking at, the maximum weight varies. Both car seats should fit a child under 49", but that varies some depending on the child's build. My children have always outgrown their car seats because their shoulders reached the top slot. They typically were no where near the weight limit of the seat. So a 65 pound weight limit wasn't much use since my 50 pound, 4' tall child was too tall for it. The Roundabout has 16.25" of shoulder height. Graco doesn't appear to publish that info, but I've read on a car seat review that it is 17".

We have used the older roundabout and the marathon in our civic, and they both fit well. I really like Britax's customer support and commitment to safety. Also, Britax does not require that their car seats be replaced after a fender bender. Graco requires that you replace the car seat after any car accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or