U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:21 AM

319 posts, read 112,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
The girl is now 19. If she's still doing this there's a problem.

It's public disciplining. Can we stop using that word shaming all the time? This isn't shaming. And I do agree, unless it kept happening discipline in private.

Cue the comments from delicate people in three, two, one...
I actually dislike "shaming" when used in the media such as with fat or sl*t. But in this case it is shaming. Yes it is also discipline, but you are causing shame in public which is public shaming. It's the definition of shaming. Now I didnt mean it as though the shaming isnt also discipline I just find it inappropriate discipline.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-01-2019 at 05:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 07:03 AM

6,389 posts, read 5,460,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Little kids usually go through a fascination with breasts, and then it's no big deal. But by that age, she should have long since known that she doesn't touch anyone like that and no one should be touching her either. 12 is way, way too old for that kind of behavior. The aunt should have spoken up and let her know that was not appropriate, if not then and there then at least pulled her to the side and had a little private chat.
This. I babysit my two grandsons. Oldest (aged 5) went through a (thankfully brief) phase of fascination with butts, where he thought it absolutely hilarious to walk into the the bathroom, bedroom, while getting dressed, etc. where he could see mine...or his pappy's, whatever...laughing to beat the band. "Booty! Booty"" Where did he learn that?

He outgrew it, though, pretty fast. 12 is WAY too old for that fascination, IMO.

When I'm in the bathroom or bedroom, now, he knows to knock. "Knock knock knock". No more, "Nanny you're naked!!!!" and I grab for a towel.

Sometimes I think my grandkids have seen me naked lately more than my husband!!!

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 06-30-2019 at 07:18 AM..

Old 06-30-2019, 07:59 AM

10,528 posts, read 12,736,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
The girl is now 19. If she's still doing this there's a problem.
Not if she realizes it's wrong. Such as, she gasps in horror and covers her mouth when she does it, every time she does it. Then everyone knows that she realizes it's wrong even if she's still doing this at 19, because she's drawn the attention of everyone in the room to the awkward situation.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:24 AM

5,422 posts, read 2,339,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Well said.

BTW this is a very old thread.
This. 2012.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:44 PM

23,706 posts, read 8,243,442 times
Regardless of how old the post is, why would anyone question if normal or not....of course NOT normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or