Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:20 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,500 times

Advertisements

An interesting letter, how many would say the semen donor did the right thing ?
Shocking Letter From Father Disowning Gay Son Goes Viral | Advocate.com

I know a lad in Sydney who was thrown out of the house aged fifteen by his so called god fearing parents when he said he was gay.
They did not expect the reaction they got from their two daughters whom were in their early twenties at the time, they took the lad into their apartment and told the parents they no longer existed to them, and since they did not exist they would never see any children they had.
Two daughters with a total of five children whom the idiot previous parents will never see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 06:31 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
That letter is heartbreaking. I really amazes me that in 2012 people could still hold such archaic and hateful beliefs. I will be very happy for my children if they find love, with whom is up to them.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Of course, a gay child should not be thrown out of the house. Unfortunately, it is common for some parents who feel very strongly that being gay is a choice and wrong to do something like this.

This movie with Signorney Weaver was made after from the diaries of a gay child who killed himself

Prayers for Bobby (must see, especially parents who have gay son) - YouTube

Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
An interesting letter, how many would say the semen donor did the right thing ?
Shocking Letter From Father Disowning Gay Son Goes Viral | Advocate.com

I know a lad in Sydney who was thrown out of the house aged fifteen by his so called god fearing parents when he said he was gay.
They did not expect the reaction they got from their two daughters whom were in their early twenties at the time, they took the lad into their apartment and told the parents they no longer existed to them, and since they did not exist they would never see any children they had.
Two daughters with a total of five children whom the idiot previous parents will never see.
Just what jesus would do!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,117 times
It would be devastating for a son or daughter to be thrown out of the house for being gay or lesbian just when they need all the support they can get from their parents, years ago it would be a common occurance but surely today 2012 the human race has moved on from all that nonsense.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:21 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Lets go back to slavery why don't we. Lemme just slip my shackles back on and find my master....

Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
As Einhorn says icily to Iguado in Ace Ventura, "Why don't you throw yourself out?"

It's sad to read the reality of many gay kids' lives when people are high-fiving Chick Fil-a over in the Food forum.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,145 times
Sickening. I will never understand this kind of reaction. The kid isn't a serial killer, arsonist, or child molester. He isn't out stealing, robbing people, selling drugs, or raping anyone. He isn't even just laying around the house 35 yrs old, unemployed, with no ambition. There are so many worse things a child can be, this would be the least of my concerns. I will be satisfied if my child grows up to be healthy, happy, and successful. I could care less who she chooses to sleep with as long as they are both consenting adults.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
We would not throw our child out of our house for being gay. Now, if the person were over the age of 18 and engaging in pre-marital sex, he would be asked to leave if it didn't stop (as would a heterosexual in the same situation.) In our church, being homosexual is not a sin, but acting on the impulses is.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
We would not throw our child out of our house for being gay. Now, if the person were over the age of 18 and engaging in pre-marital sex, he would be asked to leave if it didn't stop (as would a heterosexual in the same situation.) In our church, being homosexual is not a sin, but acting on the impulses is.
so you wouldn't disown a celibate gay child, is that what you are saying and since gays can't marry in most states you would expect that child to remain celibate while living in your home? And if he lived with someone in a committed relationship but was not married he would not be accepted either? Oh...I get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting