Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,107,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Both of my kids would flip the blankets off, before they could even move their arms purposefully. When my youngest was born, the minister came to visit, and she flipped off her blanket. I thought, "oh, well, he's got kids". Then I found out his kids were adopted. He didn't seem embarassed, though. He'd probably seen everything, making home visits.

There are these new covers that I've seen people using that do seem to work.
https://www.google.com/search?q=nurs...n-US:official&
One of my patients had one that someone made her for a shower gift. I thought it was a wonderful idea!

ETA: I would not buy the brand, "Hooter Hiders".
"Hooter Hiders" name is a bit...silly!
My sister-in-law was given a cover as a gift, she calls it her "boob burka" ; my seven-month-old nephew doesn't seem to have any issue feeding under there.

I never had kids but have spent quite a bit of time around friends and family members who breast feed in public and seriously don't understand why it's a big deal. Everyone I know (in first world countries) is extremely discreet and you can't "see anything".

Baby's got to eat when baby's got to eat! I'd rather sit near a breast feeding mom in public than an unhappy, hungry baby.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,133,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
ok, we all know it is natural.

but really, i dont want to see it and i dont want to know you are doing it, go to the bathroom or somewhere private.
When you start eating in the public bathroom maybe then make the request.
Otherwise you may want to stay home.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:21 PM

509 posts, read 585,359 times
Quote:

but really, i dont want to see it and i dont want to know you are doing it, go to the bathroom or somewhere private.
You don't have to see it. Avert your eyes. Stop staring. You can take a bathroom break or go somewhere private.

Easy peasy. Your problem is solved.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,107,406 times
Quote:

So don't look.

I don't see a problem here.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,412,441 times
Quote:
Then do not look. Simples. There is no reason to expect anyone to eat their meal in a toilet just to satisfy your personal issues and hang ups.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:18 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,419,070 times
Quote:

Hey, if you want to hide in the bathroom until my wife's done breast feeding, that is your deal. I'm okay with that.

See a breastfeeding woman, your offended, go run to the restroom and hide.

sounds fair. . .just as fair as trying to breast feed on a uncomfortable toilet

Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,139,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Hey, if you want to hide in the bathroom until my wife's done breast feeding, that is your deal. I'm okay with that.

See a breastfeeding woman, your offended, go run to the restroom and hide.

sounds fair. . .just as fair as trying to breast feed on a uncomfortable toilet

I am trying to picture how anyone can think it is sensible to require someone to feed their baby on a dirty toilet seat.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM

18,372 posts, read 31,484,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
You're not going to see it though unless you're trying really hard to see.

trust me, i wont be trying.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't want to see you drinking your coffee or eating your sushi either. You should you do those in the bathroom as well.
you in luck then, i dont drink coffee, and i dont eat sushi. so then you have nothing to worry about then, do you?

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
When you start eating in the public bathroom maybe then make the request.
Otherwise you may want to stay home.

I might want to now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting