Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
NO ONE does. No one checks the back of the child's head.

None of the people yelling at the mother consoles the child or offers help. The person filming this did not stop filming to console the child or call for help, even though this child's head hit the floor.

There's more than enough blame and horrendous behavior to pass around among the adults involved in this. I repeat: disgusting.
You're absolutely right.....no good at all came from this.....far as I'm concerned the woman who threatened to report the other is just as bad...discraceful.....poor child, first she falls....then she gotta listen to all the bu!!s!tt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 03:07 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Wow, the person taking the video REALLY made that situation a whole lot worse. The mom should have just taken her children, turned around and walked away. Accidents happen, people. Goodness.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The mother knew her little girl was standing in the cart when she pulled on the cart. How could she have told her to sit down if she was talking on her cell phone. She was clearly not interested in her safety. She barely consoles her daughter. She also has a cast on her wrist. Makes you wonder.
How do you know she knew that the girl was standing??

Old 08-11-2012, 03:11 PM

BTW, the mother DID hug her daughter and rub the back of her head. Sounds like the camera operator was taping the mother because she was "heavy" (in the operator's words, not mine).

Old 08-11-2012, 03:58 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
The person making the video claims she was making it because the mother had spent the last 10+ minutes "abusing" the child. I have no idea whether or not it is true. But the "accident" occurred because the mother was distracted, not the worst parenting decision ever, but also not the best.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 PM

On the video, I heard the operator saying something to the effect of "That sure is heavy". I could definitely be wrong though.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:35 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
I'm wondering why this person was video taping this in the first place.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:41 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
On the video, I heard the operator saying something to the effect of "That sure is heavy". I could definitely be wrong though.
Maybe, but this is what the person who posted the video actually wrote on YouTube:

The mother had been yelling for like 10 min. prior to this video being taken. We went over to see what was going on, we thought a fight had ensued, but it was the mother yelling and cursing at the little girl. If you were at either corner of the store, you could hear this lady yelling. The mother was yelling at daughter to stand up and reach a shirt with a broken arm. The mother was yelling throughout the Walmart (all associates heard, and did nothing). The mother yanked the cart, and didn't do anything. Bad mother says: "I didn't mean to do that one." How many other things did you NOT MEAN to do!!! Sad story.

Now how true was it that the woman was screaming like that for 10 mins with no one doing nothing is questionable. She wasn't screaming at all when they started recording. It looks to me like she just wasn't paying attention, and was too busy yakking on the phone to notice the child hadn't sat down. But I did think it was strange that the mom would say "I didn't mean to do it that time," or something like that. Whatever really happened, whether the mother was actually being abusive or not, the videographer only made it much worse for that little girl. Some people just go around looking for an opportunity to play hero, and do nothing but make a mess of things. If she was truly concerned about this child's welfare, and not an opportunity to pander to herself, this mother and her little girl's image would NOT be on YouTube.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,315 times
I saw a woman in Disney World take a glass baby bottle and start beating her toddler (who was clearly needing a nap) because she was crying. I grabbed the nearest security guard, but not before raising my voice so she could hear me say some people should not be able to pro create!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,501 times
To me it looked like she deliberately jerked the cart and a bit agitated when she did. I think whatever conversation she was having was more important to her and the child standing in the cart was not a concern to her. I'm not sure what to think about the person who recorded it because for all I know it could have been someone too young to say anything. Look at the fight that was starting when the mother was confronted. As far as the women who did confront the mother, Hate to call her that, they may not have seen the girl standing until it was too late to react and by that time the quick jerking the mother did with the cart was too fast for them to react in time. Sometimes we don't always get to see in time to stop something we just happen to catch at the last minute.

I hope the store at the very least warned this woman to keep her daughter out of the cart or in the front sitting down. Truthfully I doubt anyone with authority in the store did that and I think the daughter was too big to be in the cart in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting