Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 AM

5 posts, read 3,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
What a nice first post.
Are you nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,026 times
I don't like how you refer to people as losers...as an adult I think you should know. You yourself need to grow up a bit, it sounds like...

Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II I View Post
I don't like how you refer to people as losers...as an adult I think you should know. You yourself need to grow up a bit, it sounds like...
Spot on. Case closed.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 3,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II I View Post
Do we have to like/approve of others?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namithaishot View Post
Are you nice?
Actually, he's pretty much a ray of sunshine.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,379,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbearmomma View Post
I have a daughter who has been dating this young man for over two years. We just recently found out he is nothing that he told us he was. We thought he was a pretty good kid, although his family is really screwed up. Mother is single and a bit nuts and his siblings are pretty much losers.

They lied to her and us the entire time they were dating. I just want the little liar to be honest with her. She is devested by their breakup. She blames herself. I can't get her to let him go. I deleted his number from her phone and am forbidding her to see him. He doesnt go to her school so that helps, but he does live close by.

How can I help her get over this?
Counseling, perhaps? So she can work out her heartbreak and this experience. Unfortunately she learned young that some people are dishonest and not at all what they seem.

Just be supportive and loving just as you are.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namithaishot View Post
Do we have to like/approve of others?
No..but I wanted to voice my opinion on that.

And yes, you have to accept that I'm free to do so.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,809,810 times
Some real information would help. How do you expect to get any sensible advice without any? How old is your daughter? How old is the guy? Are we talking teens or 20-somethings? Makes a world of difference. And what were the lies about?

I've said this on several threads, and i'll say it AGAIN: If you're going to post for advice, GIVE SOME INFORMATION!!! GEEZ...........what's so hard about that?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Some real information would help. How do you expect to get any sensible advice without any? How old is your daughter? How old is the guy? Are we talking teens or 20-somethings? Makes a world of difference. And what were the lies about?

I've said this on several threads, and i'll say it AGAIN: If you're going to post for advice, GIVE SOME INFORMATION!!! GEEZ...........what's so hard about that?
Yes, I agree 100%. If the girl is 16, I would say she was too young to be dating in the first place and maybe mom can forbid her to see him -- and realize she doesn't have the maturity to be in relationships at all.

If the girl is 18, she's technically an adult and there is less parents can do except point out that if you cannot handle a breakup, you're emotionally not ready for relationships.

But also -- if the girl is very young and was too involved in a relationship, be aware of serious emotional issues. Sometimes kids have invested so much in some boyfriend or girlfriend, and they really cannot handle a breakup. A romantic breakup with very emotionally immature can lead to suicide or suicide attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting