U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:15 PM

7,105 posts, read 13,423,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubben1 View Post
Good points !! We will be discussing the issue more. And I will be having a meeting with the principal of the school.
Thanks again

Seriously consider the principal & parents. Had the girl that had my daughters iPod only gotten a talking to by the school, her parents both wouldn't have come to talk to me, then punished her according to the crime. Her dad was very PO'd when I 1st met with him, after we talked I told him I knew she wasn't the one that took it but was the one busted with it. The girl was scared out of her pants and I don't doubt that if an iPod falls into her hands again, she will try to find the owner.

Some parents actually do care. It makes a BIG difference to have the parent(s) of the child that was the victim speak to them. Once they hear that you were considering or could press charges, it's amazing how thankful they are you didn't. If they are only called by the school they will never know what option you had.

Most important, how would you want the other parent to deal with it if you were in their shoes?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:47 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,103,608 times
As a current high school student pansing people happens very often, but who would be stupid enough to do it to a girl?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:40 AM

960 posts, read 2,582,787 times
I would have told her to knee him in the nuts in front of all his friends, offer up a truce, then go to the principle's office and tell all, and accept the punishment that will obviously be handed out.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 20,747 times
I am 14 m and was depants in gym both gym shorts and briefs by 3 girls.It was all just for fun no harm in it.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:18 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,547,366 times
I am going to second a comment made by...perhaps HIF...where sometimes people prefer thongs, no matter the age, because it doesn't cause panty lines AND because it is comfortable- put it in and don't feel it.

And quite honestly, if I had a daughter (have two sons), I would rather pick my battles and fight with her about any over the undie clothing she might be wearing- belly tops, daisy dukes showing a chunk of hinie, cleavage showing tops...than fight with her over the type of underwear she is wearing UNDER her clothing.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:42 PM

358 posts, read 1,397,327 times
I'm male,
once in middle school, in front of a lot of people (boys and girls), one of my friends pantsed me! Really embarrassing but I just laughed it off and forgot about it quickly.
What happened to your daughter is really disappointing, but it's good that it wasn't too hard on her because really it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Hopefully and it sounds like the boy was properly punished for it. Just seems like a case of a dumb kid playing a prank (because of strong encouragement from friends - maybe they dared him and paid him), and went more than wrong because of not expecting the type of under clothes she was wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
And quite honestly, if I had a daughter (have two sons), I would rather pick my battles and fight with her about any over the undie clothing she might be wearing- belly tops, daisy dukes showing a chunk of hinie, cleavage showing tops...than fight with her over the type of underwear she is wearing UNDER her clothing.
I think I'd feel the same way.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:00 PM

16,455 posts, read 11,412,490 times
I would be livid if someone did that to my daughter and I would insist the school do something to punish this boy. His parents certainly need to know and he should be suspended for a few days and have a good talking to.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 22,182 times
Having a string or strip of cloth up your behind is not comfortable. I told myself that it was comfortable throughout my late teens and early twenties, but I know now that I was just trying to feel sexy. You may infer from that statement what you will.

But that must have been terribly embarrassing for your daughter! Have you spoken to the boy's parents?

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM

29 posts, read 144,083 times
To the people saying to contact the police, and that it borders on a 'sex crime' are absolutely overreacting.

It's school. They're teenagers.

It's going to happen to someone. It's just unfortunate it's her. It's happened to me a few times. I've lost count of how many times i have seen it to other people.

Yes, it's extremely embarrassing. But you laugh it off. It's not worth getting worked up over. It'll be forgotten soon enough.

If you make it into a big deal, drawing lots of attention to it. And going as far as including the police - people are going to remember it for a very long time. And she'll be remembered as someone who can't take a joke.

Tell her to do it back to him or something...

Old 01-03-2008, 10:07 PM

2,199 posts, read 4,203,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliano View Post
What happened to your daughter is really disappointing, but it's good that it wasn't too hard on her because really it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Hopefully and it sounds like the boy was properly punished for it. Just seems like a case of a dumb kid playing a prank (because of strong encouragement from friends - maybe they dared him and paid him), and went more than wrong because of not expecting the type of under clothes she was wearing.

I'm going to second this. And also second the other poster who said that calling it a sex-crime is a ridiculous over-reaction.

The school obviously took it seriously, they informed the mother and punished the kid and presumably involved his parents. The daughter is handling it wonderfully. Congrats on bringing up a decent kid who has obviously just learned that you can take a knock down and come right back up smiling.

If the boy did it on a regular basis to girls, that is a different issue entirely, but a one off at 13, the age of irrational thought and trouble controlling impulses? I would tread very carefully before taking it to another level. This kind of thing has the habit of getting out of control and next thing the radio is full of stories of the family who tried suing a school district over a prank, and 13 year olds on sex offender registers and how ridiculous society is and blah blah blah. Then it isn't a prank gone wrong, it becomes a circus.

I think I miss the days when dad, or big brother just went around and had a word.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting