Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,846,823 times

Advertisements

After a few days have passed, it is still hard to tell what her favorite is. I guess Santa did a good job this year. lol
Right now, she is playing with Tasty Science. She also has her How to Draw book and sketchbook out so that she can draw in between experiments. She hasn't taken her tablet out for a couple of days. We have also had a few very intense games of Operation so far.
She is still having fun with her Powerwing scooter that she got for her birthday last month and takes breaks from that to practice on her stilts.

We also spent some time this morning clipping feathers in each other's hair and painting each others nails.

Who knows what she is going to do next? I guess I should be happy that she likes so many different types of things.

ETA: A neighbor girl just came over and they pulled out her pop bottle science to play with. I am glad she is enjoying everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 PM

675 posts, read 2,680,628 times
My 10 year old went nuts for her Furby that Santa brought. She loves that thing. My 9 year old son got a Minecraft foam pick axe and sword that he can't live without.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:32 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,185,650 times
Oldest--Samsung Galaxy Tablet
next one--UGG Boots
other one--toss up between the football jersey or the basketball shoes

The big "kid"--snowblower

Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,979,705 times
Our 7 yr old....Kindle Fire and Skylander Giants game
Our 3 yr old twins....leappad 2 and train set

Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM

741 posts, read 1,285,453 times
A piece of cardboard ripped off a Dirt Devil box and a green ribbon.

Can you tell she's six months

Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,185,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMachine View Post
A piece of cardboard ripped off a Dirt Devil box and a green ribbon.

Can you tell she's six months
Oh to have that Christmas budget again

Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,727,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Oh to have that Christmas budget again
Wasn't that the best??

My 15 year old got a bike. His first. Yes, weird, I know, but when he was little he was irrationally opposed to learning how to ride and didn't actually learn until recently. He has been riding bikes with a friend and started talking about wanting one of his own, to the point that it was all he talked about. Found him one on Craigslist that was absolutely in perfect condition and $60 and he is thrilled. I am thrilled to get him away from the computer some (since that was his gift from his father and paternal grandparents, a new computer).

Our 10 year old got an older model PSP (again Craigslist, yay Craigslist!) and she certainly is thrilled with that but her other favorite seems to be the one thing that was inexpensive and rather DIY. We found a wooden box at Goodwill that had several drawers, like a mini dresser I guess, about 2 feet wide and about 18 inches tall. We then filled it with pretty much every art or craft supply item you can think of from markers to paint to jewel stickers to stamps and ink pads to rolls and rolls of tape. She is big time into crafting so she's in heaven and we spent maybe $20 on all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting