Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 06:17 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,135,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Who am I to judge? there's this thing called I WORK. Therefore yes I do judge women who refuse to. Like I said next time I see these women exposing their breast instead of covering up I will expose my breast too.
You have no idea what mom's are doing with their time outside of work. If these women are married and have an arrangement with their husband's, which I'm sure would drive you up a jealous wall, then that's where their priorities lay and there is nothing wrong with it. Really, if a woman doesn't walk in your path she's without ambition? Anyone could say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,135,237 times
Quote:
No I think it is disgusting when they don't cover their breast. Yes it is natural but so is urination but if I did that in public I would be arrested.
Babies are not urination. They are precious creatures that need to eat when they're hungry, where ever they are, under any circumstance.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,067,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
As difficult as it may be, she should go back to work; "returning" to work after staying home is nearly IMPOSSIBLE these days...so if she thinks that she can stay home for a few years and then go back to work when the kid goes to school, tell her to forget about it...she will loose so much ground its not funny. There is no respect for those moms who've stayed home. The majority end up at Walmart IF they pass their online application! Or some other low paying retail. (Of course unless they know the big boss, and can return to their previous jobs...not likely tho). This is not Europe where you get ONE YEAR worth of PAID maternity leave.....this is "abuse world" where you're asked to work in your sleep too!
I can attest to this. I took 5 years off after we relocated and went back 15 years in my career.

If people knew they could take a year off and go back to their job, way fewer people would quit to stay home. Employers would retain knowledgeable, trained employees instead of having to start over with new.

Quote:
Then maybe they need to cover up instead of exposing the breast. Actually next time a woman exposes her breast doing this I will expose my breast too.
The more you say, the more ignorant you sound.

Quote:
You better believe I have every right to denigrate those women because I think they are not ambitious. If they were they wouldn't be out of work for years.

Btw, I never had a chance to have kids so this whole idea that I must be one of those women who hates kids is ridiculous. In fact I'm not even career obsessed.
Sounds like "someone" is bitter because she never had the "choice" to have a baby and take maternity leave.

Quote:
Because I don't want to see the breast. I shouldn't have to see it because there are coverups and of course pumping.

Oh I am very ambitious, I just don' believe that a career is the only thing. There's this thing called having to pay my bills. Also this thing called I am educated.
Wait, so you work because you need to pay bills. So it would be totally understandable for a person to not work if he or she had a spouse who was wiling and able to pay the bills, especially if that person had a child to take care of.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM

8,392 posts, read 3,475,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I can attest to this. I took 5 years off after we relocated and went back 15 years in my career.

If people knew they could take a year off and go back to their job, way fewer people would quit to stay home. Employers would retain knowledgeable, trained employees instead of having to start over with new.

< snip
Right on Kibbie. This is exactly why Australian employers (and those in other countries that have similar or better maternity leave allowances) generally support maternity leave. Many Australian companies offer paid maternity leave allowances over and above whatever they are legally required to provide... simply because it is better for their business.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:59 PM

1,149 posts, read 4,197,671 times
Wow, I decide to watch an hour of Downton Abbey, and come back to ten pages of troll feeding, lol.

Things to take away from this:

Someone will be exposing a breast in public, likely getting arrested, and maybe the ensuing article will be linked on CD since she is making a stand against breastfeeding women. Said person claims she is educated, so I am looking forward to a riveting interview with reporters.

SAHMs have no ambition, because... "they don't work." Sadly, I saw no studies linking to this amazing discovery, so I will have to disagree. The poster should check out an elementary school with SAHM volunteers - I know of at least a dozen who ended up with lucrative positions because the schools valued their tenacity and ambition while volunteering their time.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,382,324 times
Quote:
I am ambitious but there is a difference. No, stay at home moms are not ambitious. If they were they would be working a job.
You do realize that taking care of small children full time is a job right? An unpaid one at that. Dealing with attorneys all day is easier than dealing with small children stuck in the house due to inclement weather. You do sound like a bitter grumpy!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM

509 posts, read 585,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyDavis View Post
You need to educate yourself. And being a little less pompous wouldn't hurt either.
What exactly is pompous about my statement? And I am educated on breast feeding having actually done it. When people who don't know about it start saying women get off on breast feeding and find it sexually enjoyable, then, yes, I'm going to call them out on their uneducated and disturbing opinion made like its a fact. That's not being pompous.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,867,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You have no idea what mom's are doing with their time outside of work. If these women are married and have an arrangement with their husband's, which I'm sure would drive you up a jealous wall, then that's where their priorities lay and there is nothing wrong with it. Really, if a woman doesn't walk in your path she's without ambition? Anyone could say that.
I don't care what they do, but no they don't have ambition. Otherwise they would have a career. However I don't feel they work harder than I ever did, at least the ones I know.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
You do realize that taking care of small children full time is a job right? An unpaid one at that. Dealing with attorneys all day is easier than dealing with small children stuck in the house due to inclement weather. You do sound like a bitter grumpy!
Not a job, it's a volunteer assignment and many times the sahm are lazy.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post

The more you say, the more ignorant you sound.

Sounds like "someone" is bitter because she never had the "choice" to have a baby and take maternity leave.

Wait, so you work because you need to pay bills. So it would be totally understandable for a person to not work if he or she had a spouse who was wiling and able to pay the bills, especially if that person had a child to take care of.
I'm not ignorant, I am far more smarter than those who choose not to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting