Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol he's like you. I think blasian kids are great looking. Lol think Tyres. That great looking guy in Too Fast and Furious and a model.
Oh jeez

You are confusing Tyson Beckford ( 1/4 asian) a model, with Tyrese Gibson, (full black whatever that means in this country) model and actor. They are not the same person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
My dad isn't racist as far as I know. Yeah he might let out a racial joke sometimes, and I may do the same since I grew up with it, but it's all in good fun and our black/asian friends usually laughs too.

If my dad didn't like who I was dating, then he'd never see her and I'd never introduce her to him, but I know he's not that way, and I date who I want to date and he has no control over it.

Sorry. Racist jokes are never in "good fun". This is exactly how racism is transmitted from one generation to another.

Fewer and fewer people find this type of "humor" to be acceptable or funny.

And I am glad about that!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Oh jeez

You are confusing Tyson Beckford ( 1/4 asian) a model, with Tyrese Gibson, (full black whatever that means in this country) model and actor. They are not the same person.
Yes I did. My bad. They are both good looking. Tyson is Jamaican and Chinese.

Tyson Beckford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-10-2013, 08:21 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
There's a book called IQ and the Wealth of Nations. I paid over a hundred Dollars for my copy, when it first came out. You, however, can find the best part of that book online, for free.

That best part is the National IQ Table.

Look up Germany (102) and the part of Asia of your other parent's ancestry (101?). Average those two National IQs, then look up Puerto Rico (84) and Jamaica (72). Average those two National IQs. That will give you a pretty good idea of the IQ you potentially pass on to your offspring, as well as the IQ your girlfriend is possibly likely to pass on to hers. Average yours and hers, and you have, roughly, the likely IQ of offspring you'd produce together.

IQ*and*the*Wealth*of*Nations*--*Lynn*and*Vanhanen*--*data*table*of*national*mean*IQ*studies*summarized*by*Steve*Sailer
The pertinent column you're looking for is 'Book Score'.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 03-10-2013 at 08:35 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
There's a book called IQ and the Wealth of Nations. I paid over a hundred Dollars for my copy, when it first came out. You, however, can find the best part of that book online, for free.

Look up Germany and the part of Asia of your other parent's ancestry. Average those two National IQs, then look up Puerto Rico and Jamaica. Average those two National IQs. That will give you a pretty good idea of the IQ you potentially pass on to your offspring, as well as the IQ your girlfriend is likely to pass on to hers. Average yours and hers, and you have, roughly, the likely IQ of offspring you'd produce together.

IQ*and*the*Wealth*of*Nations*--*Lynn*and*Vanhanen*--*data*table*of*national*mean*IQ*studies*summarized *by*Steve*Sailer
Very interesting. Looks like my son will be smart. Lol Like I didn't know this already.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you confuse color with class that dont want u to date below your class.
trust me if you take maria lopez home for dinner they will be happy.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post

Look up Germany (102) and the part of Asia of your other parent's ancestry (101?). Average those two National IQs, then look up Puerto Rico (84) and Jamaica (72). Average those two National IQs. That will give you a pretty good idea of the IQ you potentially pass on to your offspring, as well as the IQ your girlfriend is possibly likely to pass on to hers. Average yours and hers, and you have, roughly, the likely IQ of offspring you'd produce together.

IQ*and*the*Wealth*of*Nations*--*Lynn*and*Vanhanen*--*data*table*of*national*mean*IQ*studies*summarized*by*Steve*Sailer
The pertinent column you're looking for is 'Book Score'.
But what if their nationality is American? He just gave his girlfriend's ethnic make up. She could be from the U.S. and that would change things based on your "source."

Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 AM

283 posts, read 447,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
But what if their nationality is American? He just gave his girlfriend's ethnic make up. She could be from the U.S. and that would change things based on your "source."
It's one of those iffy 'bell curve' statistics which is well....ify ill phrase it. she also means ethnicity i guess. i suspect though in multethnic states averages wont work too well & other fun statisttics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting