Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,403 times

Advertisements

I have one year old boy/ girl twins too! Well, they'll be one year on Sunday. I think what they can eat depends a lot of how many teeth they have. My girl has three teeth at the bottom and 5 at the top, so she can eat pretty much anything we have, unless it is too sweet or spicey; my boy only has two teeth at the bottom and two at the top, and they don;t match up, so chewing is more difficult for him and I tend to cut his food up more.

I like feeding both kids what we have because it saves time, but currently they are on a self feed craze and when they handle a spoon themselves, 85% goes on the floor and their clothes, so they get a lot of lightly steemed veggies with a little sauce, slices of fruit, toast, slices egg, cheese etc.

Last edited by Penguin_ie; 02-11-2009 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: sorry, didn't realise how old the original post was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,549,712 times
We used this a lot too...

Baby Safe Feeder™ 2+2 Starter Kit - Designs 2-U - Babies "R" Us

You could put anything in it and they have to 'mush' it through the mesh bags... We did a lot of fruits, breads, steamed veggies, meats...etc etc... It is a brilliant idea really...

Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,703,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
We bought a mini food processor. My girls ate 'real food' but just mashed in the processor. It was fantastic. I still use it for cooking so it was a good investment all around. But if we had meat loaf, a veggie, and some rice...I would just grind it up seperately and that is what they ate... we had no issues at all.

I could always add something if need be...a veggie, some olive oil, or whatever to add calories, nutrients or whatever...and they never knew...
Yes - did that with mine - she was 15 months when she joined us but had serious issues with anything she could identify...blend it all together, making a delightful melody of green, yellow and orange, and she would eat it. I found it easiest to add it all to mashed potatoes, but if concerned about healthier eating, try brown rice or...whole grain stuffing. :)

Great for quick soups, too. That way you can control the sodium level.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 AM

1 posts, read 10,597 times
hii give my 1 year old' schedule is as below breakfast - idli, dosa, (indian food)snack - then we give him a small banana, followed by an ounce or two milklunch - we give him rice with dhal (lentil) cooked with vegetables - carrot / peas / beans etc OR porrige - made of - different pulses, its a dry mix which we have to mix with milk and boil snack - mashed apple OR curd dinner - rice with curdall thru night - brest milk - he wakes up often 3 - 4 times in the night for feeds :-)

Old 05-18-2009, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 10,339 times
i want a tree day meal plan (it should be in proportion size) and a sample menu for a 1 year old baby. futheremore ( a weekly lunch box for a ten year old) please help me as prompt as possible. reply to my email. thank you

Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 10,243 times
my newly one year old decided this week that he doesnt like the things hes been eating..such as eggs for breakfast... cream of potatoe, spagetti-os, rice and beans ect.. seems like he just wants to feed his self. he only has been wanting the gerber munchies. should i stop giving them to him so he will actually sit down and eat a hot meal?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 9,969 times
I realize this all started awhile ago but food ideas for a 1 year old....WOW. I have tried all the options posted here...even the "sure things" and my daughter just eats ham. She won't even eat a banana but she keeps getting them and at some point she will eat them. Just don't give up--some say you have to introduce something 20 times before they will eat it. You will be suprised...just the other day my daughter started eating cut up strawberries. She has tossed them from her tray for 2 months and my dogs are healthier then they have ever been from cleaning up the floor but I guess Tuesday was the day---WALA strawberries are one of her favorites this week. Give it time and keep trying everything.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times
At 1 yr old, they do not need mashed, pureed, infant food, they need finger food. Bits and pieces - watch the sizes as you don't want them choking on big pieces. My boys - and grandkids - loved peas, beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, but not asparagus. I had a garden and the kids loved the idea of being able to pick and eat, so long as Mom or Grandma was there. Peas and green beans were their favorites for ease in eating off the vine. But they liked them cooked too. vegetable soup was another favorite - the chunks of veggie are perfect for little hands to pick up, same with chicken soups. By 1, my kids ate what we ate with few exceptions.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 22,512 times
my son is only a year old and i cant get him to eat anything besides the stage two baby foods.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 PM

3 posts, read 22,512 times
does anybody have any advice my son is only a year old and he will only eat stage two baby foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting