U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM

5,956 posts, read 6,389,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Pink for younger kids (tweens) yet they offer the "date panty" which "isn't quite a thong, but not a cheekster either" Or the pair of underwear with "Now or never" written on the rear. Just what young children need exposed to.

I am so thankful I have a boy.
They aren't for young children though, so if they are being exposed to it their parents need to be smacked.

If it is sold in the juniors section, the juniors section is for a pretty wide age group, about 13-30, so if parents want to make sure their kids aren't wearing something a 23 year old would pick from that section they need to either go with them or pay closer attention to what they bring home.

I think all stores need a tween section, stuff for girls who can fit into juniors but still need clothes for their age, also so they stop pilfering all the smaller sizes from the juniors section.

If things like thongs or undies with stuff written on them are taken out of the juniors section, then my age group and size is left with the "womens" stuff which we aren't quite into yet.

DB's sister is 30 or 31 and we both buy the bright neon thongs and such from target, we actually had some of the same styles and we didn't even buy them together, but it's all from the juniors dept, where 12 and 13 year olds who are a size 2-3 in womens also shop.

Either there needs to be a Girls, Tween(no thongs or undies w/ writing), Juniors and Womens sections or parents need to go shopping with their daughters.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 AM

2,159 posts, read 3,738,215 times
tweens ARE juniors, txt.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
tweens ARE juniors, txt.

But the juniors department caters to the ages of tweens and young adults.

Look at American Eagle, they carry 00 and XXS in their sizes, most girls who are 11-12 can fit into those sizes, doesn't mean that said 11 year old also needs to be getting thongs from there.....

Just because they can fit doesn't mean they need to be buying it.
Not everything in the juniors section is for tweens because like I said, my friends and I still shop in juniors, DB's sister still shops at AE.

I'm not ready for khakis and floral shirts....neither is anyone else I know, therefore we still shop in juniors.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM

Im talking to a friend over FB about this and we came to the conclusion that if it taste good, has bright fun colors or is small then it automatically is "marketed" to kids because apparently adults love bland things and oversized burlap clothes.

Don't make alcohol fruit flavored, it might make kids want to drink it more, sorry who cares, should adults not get to enjoy watermelon jack daniels because its "appealing" to kids, no people should parent better.

Should be get rid of all the bright fun colored thongs because a 12 year old might want one? No, better parenting.

Should adult sizes not come small enough because if an 11 year old can fit into the adults clothing it might entice them to dress too old for their age? No, better parenting.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,243,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
But the juniors department caters to the ages of tweens and young adults.

Look at American Eagle, they carry 00 and XXS in their sizes, most girls who are 11-12 can fit into those sizes, doesn't mean that said 11 year old also needs to be getting thongs from there.....

Just because they can fit doesn't mean they need to be buying it.
Not everything in the juniors section is for tweens because like I said, my friends and I still shop in juniors, DB's sister still shops at AE.

I'm not ready for khakis and floral shirts....neither is anyone else I know, therefore we still shop in juniors.

I don't think it is the store's responsibility to decide what kids should or should not be wearing.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't think it is the store's responsibility to decide what kids should or should not be wearing.
Then parents should quit whining.

You either divide Juniors into TWO departments one for girls maybe 15 and under and the next section 16+ or one section till 17 and the other 18+ type stuff...
Or more parental responsibility is needed.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 PM

619 posts, read 797,573 times
Quote:
They aren't for young children though, so if they are being exposed to it their parents need to be smacked.

If it is sold in the juniors section, the juniors section is for a pretty wide age group, about 13-30, so if parents want to make sure their kids aren't wearing something a 23 year old would pick from that section they need to either go with them or pay closer attention to what they bring home.

I think all stores need a tween section, stuff for girls who can fit into juniors but still need clothes for their age, also so they stop pilfering all the smaller sizes from the juniors section.

If things like thongs or undies with stuff written on them are taken out of the juniors section, then my age group and size is left with the "womens" stuff which we aren't quite into yet.

DB's sister is 30 or 31 and we both buy the bright neon thongs and such from target, we actually had some of the same styles and we didn't even buy them together, but it's all from the juniors dept, where 12 and 13 year olds who are a size 2-3 in womens also shop.

Either there needs to be a Girls, Tween(no thongs or undies w/ writing), Juniors and Womens sections or parents need to go shopping with their daughters.

I gotta agree with you on the need for a Tween section. Something for the the 10-12 year olds because the clothing that is available in juniors is just too old for them. I don't even like half the crap that is in the 7-14 section because there is no way that clothing for a 14 year old is appropriate for a 7 year old. I know that there are tweens that need larger sizes, so fine, make the clothing appropriate for that age group and offer all sizes. Right now it feels like they design clothing for the older girls and then just make sizes down to 7.

I think that as long as any store is not marketing clothing inappropriate for a given age to that age group then there shouldn't be a problem. Parents have a responsibility to govern what their children are allowed to wear. If it is inappropriate, then don't let them buy/wear it.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
I gotta agree with you on the need for a Tween section. Something for the the 10-12 year olds because the clothing that is available in juniors is just too old for them. I don't even like half the crap that is in the 7-14 section because there is no way that clothing for a 14 year old is appropriate for a 7 year old. I know that there are tweens that need larger sizes, so fine, make the clothing appropriate for that age group and offer all sizes. Right now it feels like they design clothing for the older girls and then just make sizes down to 7.

I think that as long as any store is not marketing clothing inappropriate for a given age to that age group then there shouldn't be a problem. Parents have a responsibility to govern what their children are allowed to wear. If it is inappropriate, then don't let them buy/wear it.

yeah its all lumped into one.
And then parents whine omg this inappropriate clothing is in my childs section! That's because they share the section with older teens who don't want to dress like a 7 year old.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post

I don't get it. You can't take your kid shopping and discuss the clothing choices therein?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
yeah its all lumped into one.
And then parents whine omg this inappropriate clothing is in my childs section! That's because they share the section with older teens who don't want to dress like a 7 year old.

You have some weird notions. A 7yo is not a tween. And a 30 is not a young adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting