U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 AM

38 posts, read 40,602 times

Advertisements

One more...

I have an older son who is 19. When he was 4, our washer broke, so we had to go to the laundrymat. He met another little boy there named Anthony and they were playing together. I was eavesdropping and kept hearing my son struggle to say the boy's name correctly. Finally he said, "Ant...Ath...Anth...can I call you something else? Like....David?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,377,823 times
My son had very bad speech problems when he was little. He couldn't say some sounds at all. He said a ton of funny things this way. He was really interested in buses, and when he saw one coming would yell something like - "look at that big butt" (couldn't say the s). It made him sad sometimes though. There was a girl at daycare named Simone who gave him a hard time. He'd come home and complain "Timone tay I talk punny". The last letter he had trouble with was the r - he said it like a w. One day his little sister was talking about a robot, but said it "bobot". My son corrected her, saying "it's not a botot, it's a wobot."

Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,377,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekhov Liszt View Post
I have a strange child. He is very intelligent, has ADHD and SID, some anxiety issues, and a wonderful sense of humor.
He says funny things all the time.

This morning when I was helping him get ready for school and asking him some questions, he interrupted me. I corrected him for interrupting and he said, "But my brain calculates the probability of what you're going to say next."
That's hilarious.

Warning - this is pretty gross. I can't remember how old my son was when he did this, but when I had stepped out of the room, he reached into his diaper and smeared his poop on the wall. I came in and asked what happened. He said "mommy, my caca activated."

Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 AM

9,788 posts, read 6,287,387 times
This is actually a pretty popular topic, I started a thread on it last year:

Weird/Funny kid quotes

^ That includes most of the silly quotes I have memorized and written down over the years.

I also found this one:

The funny things kids say....

I don't know if the mods on this forum do this (the ones in the Colorado forums do) but it might almost be a good idea to merge these topics...

Another one I remember now, because of reviewing my other thread there and seeing the last post someone else made...was that my youngest when he was little used to say that when we die, we go to THE FUTURE. He was really serious about death somehow equating to time travel. Never really worked out the details of that theory...

And recently (he is 11 now) he said, "I think that it is a bagel's dream to be eaten. That is my hypothesis."

He has a sudden love of the word "hypothesis" and has been using it frequently, whether it is strictly appropriate for the context or not...

Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 AM

819 posts, read 1,318,015 times
My 2 1/2 year old GD told me the other day that she was never going to get to be the "line leader" in his classroom. I asked her why and she said it was because she was always in trouble. That I believe!

Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 PM

24,727 posts, read 59,646,697 times
One of our sons had trouble with putting Fs at the beginning of words in place of the letter that was supposed to be there. Thus, Fire truck he replace the tr with F. HE wanted to crack the eggs for pancakes so he yelled loudly and repeatedly that he wanted to be the "egg fracker" Except the ra came out as a "u" sound. Left us rolling on the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting