Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times

Advertisements

Daddy - Don't eat fireworks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times
My son was young, we brought his baby sister home, and he was excited to see her. He asked her name, and we told him. He said he wanted to name her " Spice of Life." No reason, no explanation, but hilarious!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
My daughter used to think there was someone hiding under the bed at night who looked just like her, but wasn't. She was afraid to stand next to the bed in the dark for fear the "other one" would drag her under and take her place!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
Many years ago I watched my husband's niece. She was about 4 yrs old at the time. I came out of the bathroom and found that she opened a window in the apartment, sliding the glass and screen aside. This freaked me out since we were on the 2nd floor. She was looking down and I asked her what she was doing. She said, "just curious how the cat would look if he fell." I got a chill down my back and thought for sure she threw the cat out the window. I was afraid to look, but did and saw nothing below. The cat then walked into the room from the bedroom. whew. Honestly, the girl still creeps me out to this day and she is 30 yrs now.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:31 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
When our oldest was really small - like a year old - DH started teaching her to point to parts of the body and say their names. "This is mommy's nose". "Point to mommy's ears." etc. Harmless, right? Mr. Comedian thought it would be hilarious to start adding, "Point to mommy's t*ts". She caught on really fast with that one - after I made him stop it, it was the one she really remembered. Not only did she start going around to strangers/elderly relatives, etc. pointing to their busts, but she'd parrot out, "T*ts! T*ts! T*ts!" One of her first words. Lovely.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
When my dd was around 2, she asked my why I left her waiting in heaven so long to be born. She said all the other kids she was there with went before her and she was the oldest in her group (she described a group of kids where new kids joined the group all the time and other kids left to be born). I was 38 when she was born. According to her, you pick your parents and wait to be born.
My kids talked about birth order that way -- they believed the oldest one was the most pushy and he insisted on going first and that's why he's the first born. The twins couldn't agree so they came together.

One time one of my sons who was only 2 or 3 at the time ran out of the house into a bad thunderstorm acting very worried about someone and calling out a name. A few years later I found out that on the corner of our road, someone was killed while driving in a thunderstorm with that same first name.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:02 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,133 times
Something I remembered, not really creepy, just funny/embarrassing. When I was around 5, I remember my grandma watching a fashion show on TV, and they had some revealing outfits so she grumbled to herself, 'fashion, they call this fashion, it's as good as striptease, shameless!' Of course I had to ask what that strange word 'striptease' meant. She got all embarrassed and mumbled that it's when ladies go around naked
Fast forward a couple weeks, I'm watching my mom get dressed, as she walks over in her underwear I decide to show off my grown-up vocabulary, and go, 'mom, you're doing the...the...what's that word called, when ladies walk around naked?". She was like 'what word' ?, sincerely had no idea what I was talking about, LOL. I was like, 'you know, they walk around on stage and wear sparkly stuff, spit, stri, striptease!'. She was like 'oh, uhm, khm...' then had to explain to me that that word only referred to a special kind of dancing on stage, not just being naked in general .

Last edited by EvilCookie; 06-04-2013 at 01:11 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
My now-ex was allergic to cats and my daughter wanted one. When she was around 5, she said, "If Daddy dies, can we get a cat?"

Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Many years ago I watched my husband's niece. She was about 4 yrs old at the time. I came out of the bathroom and found that she opened a window in the apartment, sliding the glass and screen aside. This freaked me out since we were on the 2nd floor. She was looking down and I asked her what she was doing. She said, "just curious how the cat would look if he fell." I got a chill down my back and thought for sure she threw the cat out the window. I was afraid to look, but did and saw nothing below. The cat then walked into the room from the bedroom. whew. Honestly, the girl still creeps me out to this day and she is 30 yrs now.

Ok, that is freaky. That one sent a chill down my back too. *shudder*

Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When my niece was two or three, she used to always say two things: That she was once in a fire, and that she and her mother (my sister) used to be sisters. She and my sister lived with the family (father had taken off) and so we figured she heard us all say brother or sister but we didn't know where she got this fire idea from.

So one day, she was in the room with another sister who was an ER nurse. My niece asked her if they ever had patients come into the hospital who had been in a fire. My sister said yes, and then asked her why. My niece said, "My mother and I were in a fire once when we were sisters. The house burned." My sister said, "And what happened to you when you were in the fire?" My niece said, "An ambulance came and took us to the hospital." My sister asked what happened next, and my niece just shrugged and said, "Now we're here."
That is amazing!! It just confirms to me that we have all lived many lives, and our souls never die. You should relay this story to the "Unexplained Paranormal" forum on City Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting