Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,150,890 times

Advertisements

Mom of baby found dead in car arrested

The mother of a 17-month-old boy who died Tuesday after being left in a parked car outside a Hooters restaurant was arrested in suspicion of negligent homicide, a class 4 felony, according to Phoenix spokesman Sgt. Joel Tranter.

Ashly Duchene, 22 , was arrested last night and was being held as of Wednesday morning. She was a waitress at the Hooters restaurant on 29th Avenue and Bell Road, where she left the child in the car parked in a nearby parking lot before her morning shift.

Tranter said interviews with family members and close friends revealed that Duchene was an unhappy mother. Those close to Duchene said she wanted her freedom and did not make the child a priority at all, Tranter said.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...1baby1031.html (broken link)

What in the world makes someone "forget" their child in a car? The gene pool needs to be thinned out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,006,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

The mother of a 17-month-old boy who died Tuesday after being left in a parked car outside a Hooters restaurant was arrested in suspicion of negligent homicide, a class 4 felony, according to Phoenix spokesman Sgt. Joel Tranter.

Ashly Duchene, 22 , was arrested last night and was being held as of Wednesday morning. She was a waitress at the Hooters restaurant on 29th Avenue and Bell Road, where she left the child in the car parked in a nearby parking lot before her morning shift.

Tranter said interviews with family members and close friends revealed that Duchene was an unhappy mother. Those close to Duchene said she wanted her freedom and did not make the child a priority at all, Tranter said.

What in the world makes someone "forget" their child in a car? The gene pool needs to be thinned out!
HOWEVER....if she were an elementry school teacher it would be called a tragic accident......

Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,150,890 times
A followup:

Mom of baby found dead almost forgot him day earlier

Duchene told authorities that on Monday she almost forgot Ryan in the car but remembered he was there before going to work

Just a day before Ryan's death, his father, Clayton Gallagher, had volunteered to take full custody of his son, according to court documents. He had spoken on the phone with Duchene for 1½ hours. She told him she “couldn't do it anymore” and she didn't want Ryan around because he cried so much.

Mom of baby found dead almost forgot him day earlier (broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 AM

558 posts, read 2,244,161 times
It doesn't sound like she "forgot". What a tragedy for the father--so easily prevented. Just sad for all.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,219,625 times
Some people just should NOT be parents!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,363,357 times
That poor father!! And anyone else who knew these people. I can't imagine what they must be going through. Every Mom feels overwhelmed and like she "can't do it anymore" at some point in time. I thank God that when I have felt like this I have a great, supportive family to talk to that helps me feel better and keep on going!! That feeling always passes! How very tragic and sad!!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,848,194 times
If I hear the "the mother has suffered so much already" excuse I will hurl.

This woman should be tried on murder. If she can give a more than half-arsed excuse the jury will note it. If not....jail for 20-30 years....well past her childbearing years.

What a POS.

That poor baby. I can only hope that there is a God and he is taking care of him now.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,363,357 times
She should go to jail. I am for the death penalty, too. Please don't think I was defending her. I definately was not. She should also be forced to have her tubes tied so she cannot have any more children!!! All she had to do was give that baby to his Dad. The stories of Mothers killing their children is much to common. There are other options!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,124,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

What I don't get is why she didn't just give the child up for adoption if she did not want to be a mother?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:47 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,571,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
What I don't get is why she didn't just give the child up for adoption if she did not want to be a mother?
Exactly, or why didn't she give the child to the father, who WANTED the child!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting