U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 09:57 AM

818 posts, read 723,177 times

Advertisements

She woke up at about 2:30 in the afternoon with a hangover, never apologized for getting drunk and ranting. Pretty disappointed

Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 AM

7,255 posts, read 12,773,306 times
I have to say... You mentioned much earlier that your parents disliked your wife when she was your gf. Let me guess... They thought she was an fish-drinking bratty loser gf?

I find it completely amazing that she went out the first night after having your kid. I find it even more amazing that no one in her family sat there and said: "Nuh-uh, you had the baby. YOU stay with him and take care of him." Because that's how it would've been for me if I had a kid as a teenager and also scores of other teenaged mothers. The fact that no one did leads me to think that your boy being "well-mannered" had more to do with her (and your) family teaching him to be a good kid. They raised him, not your wife. They've done more than you think and are willing to admit. OP, you've actually had some nerve looking down on other teenaged parents and making generalized comments. Not so high and mighty now.

I don't know why you're sitting there pretending to be "pretty disappointed" when she never really apologizes for her actions. If you want her to, then obviously you need to confront her behavior, tell her what's she said and did and how it was rather inappropriate and all. Preferably with your counselor in the room because your wife is going go into a fit of rage.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 AM

36,438 posts, read 42,062,816 times
do you have a lawyer appt. yet?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I have to say... You mentioned much earlier that your parents disliked your wife when she was your gf. Let me guess... They thought she was an fish-drinking bratty loser gf?

I don't know why you're sitting there pretending to be "pretty disappointed" when she never really apologizes for her actions.
What makes you think I'm pretending? All I'm saying is that I'm disappointed she didn't apologize.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
do you have a lawyer appt. yet?
No, no appt. yet

Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 AM

24,612 posts, read 29,026,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
What makes you think I'm pretending? All I'm saying is that I'm disappointed she didn't apologize.
It isn't surprising, though, right? She never apologizes.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You mentioned much earlier that your parents disliked your wife when she was your gf. Let me guess... They thought she was an fish-drinking bratty loser gf?
Yes, that is exactly what they thought

Old 07-04-2013, 11:48 AM

After she woke up and ( after I had my disappointed feeling) I told her about the things she had said and she stood by them and refused to have any " yeah maybe that was out of line" moments.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM

7,255 posts, read 12,773,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
Because you know how your wife is. Why are you disappointed? This is how your wife is. Why can't you accept that? You knew that change wasn't going to come easy if it does at all.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:40 PM

5,484 posts, read 4,649,567 times
Quote:

I find it completely amazing that she went out the first night after having your kid. I find it even more amazing that no one in her family sat there and said: "Nuh-uh, you had the baby. YOU stay with him and take care of him." Because that's how it would've been for me if I had a kid as a teenager and also scores of other teenaged mothers. The fact that no one did leads me to think that your boy being "well-mannered" had more to do with her (and your) family teaching him to be a good kid. They raised him, not your wife. They've done more than you think and are willing to admit. OP, you've actually had some nerve looking down on other teenaged parents and making generalized comments. Not so high and mighty now.

I don't know why you're sitting there pretending to be "pretty disappointed" when she never really apologizes for her actions. If you want her to, then obviously you need to confront her behavior, tell her what's she said and did and how it was rather inappropriate and all. Preferably with your counselor in the room because your wife is going go into a fit of rage.
From what OP has said, her parents gave in to her her entire childhood; why would they change? I'm just shocked that she had the energy and desire to go out partying with the girls the day after giving birth. And what was the point of telling her son that? Another hurtful comment, IMO. The unspoken message was the pregnancy was an inconvenience and obstacle to her partying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting