Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,268,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I am honestly thinking this entire thread is a massive fraud. I can't wrap my head around two adults behaving this way, and exhibiting so little self respect in addition to no respect for each other.
It's mind boggling. I too have wondered if this was a fraud. I don't recall what it was, but I kind of decided it was not. Some things don't add up though--therapy three times a week, generally no word about what the therapist says, a woman that takes two hours to get ready for a simple dinner out, a supposed Notre Dame grad that hasn't pushed his son to excel in school, make plans, and go to college until he's graduated from HS?

Thanks ger.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 PM

818 posts, read 855,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I am honestly thinking this entire thread is a massive fraud. I can't wrap my head around two adults behaving this way, and exhibiting so little self respect in addition to no respect for each other.
It's not a fraud. I believe I show her a lot of respect.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
It's mind boggling. I too have wondered if this was a fraud. I don't recall what it was, but I kind of decided it was not. Some things don't add up though--therapy three times a week, generally no word about what the therapist says, a woman that takes two hours to get ready for a simple dinner out, a supposed Notre Dame grad that hasn't pushed his son to excel in school, make plans, and go to college until he's graduated from HS?

Thanks ger.
As I've said before, I like to keep therapy specifics private. The 2 hours thing was an exaggeration and I tried to push him but, remember, she fought me the whole way.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,867,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
It's not a fraud. I believe I show her a lot of respect.
Actually, you don't. You treat her like a child that needs to be appeased, instead of like a partner who also wants the best for your son.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,058,163 times
Quote:
It's not a fraud.
You went to Notre Dame? The university in South Bend?

After you got married and had a child at 18? If true that's an extremely unusual accomplishment. Please tell us how you could achieve that, but not have a clue - to the point of needing pages of advice from strangers on the internet - about basic human interaction between married adults.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,268,869 times
Showing her respect includes being honest with her. I see little evidence of honesty and truth in this relationship on your part (or hers). I'm not talking about lies about where one is or money or other things. I'm talking about sharing one's true feelings and thoughts in a mature way. My spouse is not always happy with me, but he tells me when he's not. I do the same. It wasn't always this way with us, but it is now. And guess what? He doesn't "buy" me stuff to appease me. I don't buy him things to appease him. We buy one another gifts to show appreciation or to celebrate some special occasion. We understand that we will not always agree with each other, but we do work to come to a middle ground or agree to disagree. We don't walk on eggshells around each other.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You went to Notre Dame? The university in South Bend?

After you got married and had a child at 18? If true that's an extremely unusual accomplishment. Please tell us how you could achieve that, but not have a clue - to the point of needing pages of advice from strangers on the internet - about basic human interaction between married adults.
I was hesitant to go at first and leave her behind, but she insisted. Having been married at 19, I was still young and had no idea what it took to be a married adult and that's what I'm trying to learn now. I was hardly around her until I was 24 and out of school.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,058,163 times
Quote:
I got good grades and a good ACT score. I was hesitant to go at first and leave her behind, but she insisted. Having been married at 19, I was still young and had no idea what it took to be a married adult and that's what I'm trying to learn now.
I didn't ask you how you got into Notre Dame. And leaving your wife behind has nothing to do with what I asked. (You do that a lot, BTW. Answer with something irrelevant to the question. And you make up a lot of excuses. Which are different from reasons. )

I asked how you've lived to be 36-years old and not know how adults interact. Have you lived an extremely sheltered existence? Most 36-year old's learn a certain amount without even trying. It's called BS-ing with your friends.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 PM

I was asked about how I don't have a clue about interaction between married adults. For about 5 or 6 years, I was hardly around the adult I was married to

Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,867,130 times
But it's been 12 years since college graduation. Are you really that slow a learner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting